Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Change in HRT - side effects  (Read 938 times)

Mary5

Change in HRT - side effects
« on: April 19, 2020, 09:23:40 AM »

I've been on Femseven 50 since my hysterectomy 4 years ago and was fine, then with shortages I was out on estrodot 50.  I was wondering if anyone has experienced issues when changing HRT patches? After a few weeks I've noticed being a bit breathless and lately it seems worse. Could it be change of HRT? I'm tempted to stop but not sure how long would take to notice difference.

Mary5

Re: Change in HRT - side effects
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 02:11:00 PM »

That has crossed my mind, am on asthma puffers which means breathing usually fine. I did take antihistamine but felt awful. Just unnerving having this shortness of breath and unable to take deep breaths and just wondered if anyone had experience of this happening with new HRT patch.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 02:39:12 PM »

Hi Mary. I changed from FemSeven to Estradot a few years ago and noticed no difference. I believe the constituents are the same. Could it be anxiety?

Taz x  :hug:

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 03:25:19 PM »

It's possible you have an allergic reaction to it. Is your old one still unavailable? It shouldn't take more than a few days to notice a difference if you stop.

Mary5

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 06:04:02 PM »

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately Femseven isn't available until end of the year. Good to hear of a positive experience changing. It does seem unlikely; it's a pretty unpleasant sensation, maybe it's more to do with lungs - I?ll try and get a phone call with nurse tomorrow.  Thanks.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 08:49:40 PM »

There was a post recently with similar breathing difficulties that was an allergic reaction to the patch. I know it's unlikely but it does happen. When I was allergic it just caused spots on the skin which I think is the more usual symptom.

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 09:38:34 PM »

hi mary g

i had the same experience on elleste solo patch i'd walk to work and be out of breath lasted for about an hour but was happening every morning every day but also it could be aniexty to which estrogen i feel can make this worse in some people it does me and like you have hysterectomy progesterone has helped but then i?m having this persistent watery discharge ! i was reading the leaflet to estradot and it list as rare side effect i was looking at the progesterone side effects which list urinary problems as side effect so wondering if it's causing me a little leakage maybe it's not watery discharge ?

Mary5

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 08:06:28 AM »

Interesting re spots on skin - I had terrible itching on my trunk, no real rash just very itchy for about a week - that was a few weeks ago, and again I wasn't sure whether it was linked. Looking back, I think I was more breathless on walks but assumed needed to sort my fitness out! I will try and talk to nurse today and see what thoughts are on stopping patch - I'm not sure how long it would take to notice a difference - a few days?
It is a vicious circle - you get breathless, palpitations and that makes you anxious and then worse - am doing deep breathing techniques and also lying on stomach helps!
Thanks a lot for help.