Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femeston  (Read 711 times)

Jan876

• First Flush
Femeston
« on: September 17, 2019, 10:08:18 AM »

Hi I've started taking femeston 2/10 am nearly at the end of first pack. Flushes have nearly disappeared but have really painful lower back pain during the last 2 weeks . Anyone know will that subside eventually?
Also don't quite understand the difference between femeston and femeston conti ?
I havnt had a period for 7 years so wondering if should be on the latter? Doc didn't have a clue and I asked for the femeston as my hair was falling out on kilovance. Chemist said femeston is stronger than femeston conti so I went for that as I experience horrendous hot flushes .
Thanks in anticipation.

Wobbles

Re: Femeston
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 11:06:39 AM »

Hi Jan876 - I don't think your pharmacist knows that much or they're confused!Probably badly worded on their part? Femoston 2/10 is 'stronger' than Femoston 1/10. No period for 7 years suggests post-meno to me.

As I understand it any HRT with the words 'conti' means that it is taken/used continuously and there is no period. The sequi ones are sequential as in there is a cycle to it and you get a bleed. The pills or dosage itself may still be continuous though.

The menu button at the top in blue has a 'treatments' drop-down heading and will have comparison and descriptive info.

Hoping this link works - https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

I don't think Femoston Conti is available at the mo due to some manufacturing shortages.
The lower back thing may be due to your body getting used to it or behaving as if your body is preparing for a bleed (god forbid). But I'm not a doc. Hope it goes away.

W x

Hurdity

Re: Femeston
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 04:42:50 PM »

The good thing about taking the cyclical preparation ( ie the 2/10) is that you can see how you feel on the oestrogen only part and then whether you tolerate the different kind of progestogen in the combi tabs. Unfortunately - the chemist is right that if you need a stronger dose of oestrogen then the only 2 mg HRT preparation available is the 2/10 so it's a cycle or 1 mg for that one! If your flushes were not controlled on the Kliovance ( and you had hair issues with it) then a higher dose oestrogen is more likely to help.

The other alternative if you don't want to have a bleed is to have an oestrogen tablet or patch or gel and then take either Provera, utrogestan (continuously) or have a Mirena coil for the prog part.

I agree with Wobbles about the backache - could be preparing for a bleed as Femoston 2/10 is the type that gives a bleed. Make sure you have some protection ready!! I often get low backache before my bleed ( presumably referred from my uterus?).

Good luck with it!

Hurdity x  :welcomemm: