Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Dosage for Estradiol and Utrogestan  (Read 710 times)

Lota4178

• First Flush
Dosage for Estradiol and Utrogestan
« on: September 09, 2019, 06:54:10 PM »

Hi,

I am 49 and still having regular periods. My GP prescribed me Evorel Sequi 50g and for the last 3 months have been quite happily taking it. However the pharmacy can't obtain new supplies and advised me to go to the Drs for alternative HRT.

I requested Estradiol and Utrogestan as I'd prefer to take HRT transdermally, and the GP prescribed me Estradiol 1ml gel sachets and Utrogestan 100mg capsules. However, he has given me no dosage instructions at all, other use as prescribed as written on the prescription. I would like to take the Utrogestan vaginally which I said to the GP.

Can anyone please let me know how much Estradiol I should take each day? One 1mg sachet?
And if I take 100mg Utrogestan vaginally for 10 days, starting on day 15 would this be sufficient?

I'm struggling to find how many Estradiol sachets I would need on a daily basis to replicate the amount of oestrogen  I receive using Everol Sequi. The GP I saw, although lovely, didn't have a clue about what he was giving me.

Any help with dosage will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Lota4178

sheila99

Re: Dosage for Estradiol and Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 10:25:10 PM »

Can't help with the sachets but my utro is 200mg for 12 days which I take vaginally. I'd be careful taking less unless you intend to have scans to monitor lining thickness.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 06:31:51 AM »

https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/HRT-Practical-Prescribing-AUG2018.pdf

There is a table at the bottom of page 1 which gives you the equivalent dosages of different hrts . X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 07:35:17 AM »

Lota - you may be better off with Ostrogel rather than the sachets - it's easier to control dosage.
I believe 2 pumps of Oestrogel is the average dose but one sachet of Estradiol may be enough for you, so try this. 10-12 days of Utrogestan used vaginally could well be right for you on an average dose of oestrogen. Essentially, if your flushes are under control then you are on the right dose of oestrogen - it can be trial and error but using gel allows you to adjust your dose to the level you need. Always start low and only increase if need be. 
I hope this regime works for you.
DG x

Lota4178

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 05:21:11 PM »

Thank you to everyone who's replied. I'll take as prescribed for now and monitor the effects.