Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Great Podcast and GP Appointment Guidelines  (Read 589 times)

Bobidy

Great Podcast and GP Appointment Guidelines
« on: September 10, 2019, 06:48:16 PM »

Hi

I've just listened to the most recent podcast by Dr Newson along with Dianne Danzebrink which is great, all about recent headlines and hrt shortages etc.

https://www.menopausedoctor.co.uk/podcasts

You may need to download Podbean.

Diane also has some guidelines for your gp visit which you may find useful:

https://menopausesupport.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/BLOG-10-Things-Your-Doctor-Should-Know-About-Menopause.pdf

Enjoy x

Maryjane

Re: Great Podcast and GP Appointment Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 06:53:45 PM »

I'm part of a menopause event with Diane & Dr Newson on Saturday at Cheltenham.

It's a great podcast just listened to it earlier myself.

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 03:25:32 AM »

I'm totally biased as I'm lucky enough to be on the receiving end of her meno care after years of poor uninformed gps.

You are all doing such amazing work, that thankfully the rest of us (with no voice) can benefit from it.

I'm extremely grateful and wish there was some way that the rest of us could add some weight to what you are all doing instead of feeling so helpless. There has to be power in numbers somehow for all of this.

Enjoy Cheltenham, and thank you again x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 06:58:15 AM »

Well said Bobby - I can't listen to the podcast but hope that the Event goes well Maryjane  :foryou:

Do you get nervous  :-\

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 07:26:43 AM »

Diane's petition #makenopausematter is a place to put your voice sign and share it.

Over 30,000 have now signed & it's gone to Parliament ( I went also as a small voice for VA).

Diane has set out 3 goals one has been met that education will start in secondary school, two more goals to meet which are the hard ones. Training of medics.🤔

Do I get nervous depends how many & who I'm with as very often Diane is my “nerve container” it's not something I EVER imagined doing talking about VA, but I was/as so incensed by the lack of care/knowledge that it keeps me going.

There are days however I do wonder why as there are such horrid stories of medics who just don't give a flying fig & I wonder if change will ever happen, but then I will get a random email from a GP or Gynae saying my book is fab, 5,000 leaflets have been sent out which includes GPs/ Gynaes & being very well received.

But no I am not a natural public speaker & my stomach can knot & get sweaty hands, but I haven't so far run for the exit.😳

Also 95% of speaking is unpaid & also I pay travel myself mostly also ( occasionally paid) so the book is what pays for it all. 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 08:35:33 AM »

You are my HEROINE  :medal:

What if the point was made that should a bloke have a split in his penis and the GP told him to put Savlon on it?  That should be our retort when medics don't understand how debilitating atrophy can be!