Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: unexpected bleeding  (Read 621 times)

kristina12

unexpected bleeding
« on: September 15, 2019, 09:03:36 AM »

Hi Ladies
I haven't been on here for a while as my HRT has been fantastic since changing to patches and utrogestan last December. I was told that I may not have a monthly bleed as my womb lining was so thin and I didn't have any bleeding. My last natural period would have been around May 2018 so no bleeding for over a year.
I did start with some light bleeding in June about 10 days after finishing the utrogestan but wasn't really concerned. However, since then I haven't had bleeding after the utrogestan phase but I have had random bleeding for the last 3 months before I take the utrogestan. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Thank you for any advice
x

Dotty

Re: unexpected bleeding
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 09:36:40 AM »

Hi how often are you taking the Utrogestan? X

kristina12

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 09:59:44 AM »

Hi Dotty I am taking it monthly for 12 days. x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 10:19:58 AM »

Hi if you are taking the gel for 12 days then that is the peri menopausal dose and it is likely to induce a bleed. 

If you are post menopause then the dosage is 100mg every day.  This is the no bleed way . x

kristina12

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 10:56:18 AM »

Thanks Dotty, my concern is that I don't get the bleed after taking the utrogestan (I only got one expected bleed in June) the last 3 months I have just had random bleeding before I take the utrogestan, often the week before I am due to take it and after having no bleeding at all for over a year. I've been on this HRT regime for 10 months so it may not even be related to the HRT? x