Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 3 pumps of gel and knackered!  (Read 2293 times)

KiltedCupid

Re: 3 pumps of gel and knackered!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 01:02:52 PM »

Hi Jmargaret - I have exactly the same problem with gel, both oestrogel and sandrena - zonked, can't work it out but it must be something to do with absorption and circulation. I've switched to patches and find them more stable but hate, hate, hate having a big plastic thing stuck to my ass. Ho-hum, needs must.

squeaker99

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 01:31:37 PM »

This is interesting. I would love to be zonked. My problem is Peri is that for a week before my period I feel so hyper that I can't sleep.
Then a few days after my period I feel really calm and like my ' old' self. The further I go into Peri the more pronounced it is.
I had 4 months without period when I feel good the whole time.I am sure it is when my oestrogen is too high which makes me feel hyper at night. I tried Ellestre duet (mid cycle) for a week but feel very sick and manic on it so stopped.
Wish I could work out hormonally what is going on. GPs won't test here - Meno clinic wouldn't either. :'(  Sick of these ups and downs.

JayJay

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »

Hi SJ
The talk of differing reactions to various hrt methods puts me in mind of when I was younger and on the oral contraceptive pill.
Originally in my teens, I was put on the pill by gp to control very heavy periods, but continued throughout my life until hrt.
It took me years to find one that suited me (Marvelon 30) in the end, which was one of the newer, lower dose pills at the time.  As soon as I was on Marvelon, my periods were light and I lost weight.
My point is that I constantly asked my friends or work colleagues which pill they were on (especially if they were slim!).
No one seemed to discuss their pill in those days, so it was trial and error.  Many is the time I have been to the gp or clinic to change my pill, because someone had told me 'Oh, Gynovlar 21 is the best' or 'I have been on Euygyonon (sp) 30 and it is marvellous'.
So thank heavens for this forum!
I do feel I am getting closer to the 'balance'.
GP is phoning me back tomorrow to discuss a blood test. 
Receptionist made me feel as though I was asking for something totally unreasonable  ::)
Will keep you updated as the outcome.
Regards
JJ
Pages: 1 [2]