Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Stopped HRT - looking at alternatives or advice  (Read 2274 times)

runningfool

Stopped HRT - looking at alternatives or advice
« on: March 15, 2018, 04:11:18 PM »

Hi all. Does anyone have any experience/advice on taking Red Clover & Sage?

I am looking for alternatives as I have had to stop my HRT (Docs orders) and of course everything has come back with a vengeance symptom-wise. I am nearly 53 and no period for three years, though was bleeding slightly on Elleste Duet - just a fibroid it turns out thankfully. Night sweats, flushes, joint pain, emotional chaos - you name it!

The reason I ask is that I also take 20mg Amitriptyline each evening - and wondered if anyone could help re: compatibility.

Someone also recommended Wellsprings Serenity Cream too - so all experiences welcome if you have tried that too!

Someone has mentioned that bleeding is not uncommon with Elleste Duet - so I don't know what to think now! Highly confused. And hot. And sweaty. And angry. And tearful...etc.etc. :-)

Thanks all

Tinkerbell

Re: Stopped HRT - looking at alternatives or advice
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 05:03:22 PM »

Why did your GP ask you to stop using it?

runningfool

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »

Because I was bleeding. Had a scan and I have a large fibroid - but nothing sinister to worry about. I tended to bleed monthly - as though I was having a period.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 05:30:28 PM »

You do get a monthly period on Elleste Duet.

Elleste Duet Conti is the no bleed hrt.

runningfool

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 05:36:05 PM »

Yes - I think he may have overreacted - but at least it got me seen and can get the fibroid sorted I guess.

Another doc at the surgery has said I should stay off it until after my gynae appointment - which isn't till May - and I am really suffering with symptoms, hence thinking about alternatives.

aspie65

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 05:48:32 PM »

I find pregabalin helps me enormously with my menopausal anxiety, aches and pains and reduces my hot flushes.  If you can't go back on HRT it may be worth looking into.

runningfool

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 06:04:25 PM »

Thanks very much - but I already take 20mg Amytriplatine

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 08:46:07 AM »

Hi runningfool
Do consider having a Mirena fitted as this would shrink the fibroid, protect your womb lining and therefore prevent any future erratic bleeding and you can use oestrogen as patch or gel alongside - this is a no hassle HRT regime. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 10:40:49 AM »

Hi runningfool

I didn't see you had posted on here and I answered on your post on the Alternatives Board!

Hurdity x

runningfool

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 02:58:44 PM »

Many thanks. Had a terrible time when I tried the Mirena for birth control. It really hurt badly and had to have it removed. Would rather not have that again! :-)

CarolineEssex

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 12:19:22 PM »

Wellsprings 20-1 cream has worked really well for me for 3 years now, I also have a couple of friends who use Wellsprings Serenity Cream. Would definitely try it!

Jari

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 12:33:41 PM »

Hi runningfool

I came off hrt also and it caused fibroid growth

I don't take anything now. Did try Sertraline but weird side effects so stopped that too.

I've adopted lifestyle changes, better diet, exercising more and good quality supplements and so far my own hormones seem to be balancing out nicely.

Maybe as you come off the hrt, there will be the drop in hormones again until you reach your own balance. Mine took about 3 months for the hrt to properly leave my system I found. I still have the odd flush, but things seem to be levelling out and getting better.

I'm one year post menopause. X