Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Boobs  (Read 941 times)

Bradenton69

Boobs
« on: September 04, 2019, 08:03:03 PM »

So, my chest is getting bigger and bigger along with my waist. Hopefully I can start exercising again soon and try loose weight.

Question is are the getting bigger due to weight gain or peri menopausal.

I'm not on HRT (yet).

AgathaC

Re: Boobs
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 08:26:09 PM »

Maybe both. I have massive, sore, heavy boobs all the time and a much thicker chest above my much fatter stomach  ;D

I'm not on HRT either.

Bradenton69

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 08:47:39 PM »

They could do damage they weigh so much.

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 10:15:58 PM »

I had the weight gain and my boobs seem to be getting bigger went from a D up to an F in 6 months about a year or so ago. Hubby is enjoying the new size but i had to buy a whole to new wardrobe to cater for the increase in boobs and more cleavage on show.

I agree the new weight is a bit of getting used too.

Also hows the cleavage? mine is a bit crepy wish mine were this size when I was 20 years younger as the cleavage would of looked nicer lol!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 10:24:40 PM by Hinari hot flush »

kdee69

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 07:41:20 AM »

The marker for me was my stomach. I just could not shift the ever incoming belly fat that seemed to settle. Nothing had changed exercise wise and I'd also given up sugar ( as much as possible) and alcohol due to horrendous migraines ( I only joined the dots a long time afterwards that the migraines were hormone related  :-\)My boobs though are more or less no different.

Bradenton69

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 08:07:44 AM »

I'm going to try up my movement and try bit of juicing into diet for drinks to help feeling bloated. I'm lucky I'm tall just want smaller boobs back and get rid of my new top tummy

Jari

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 08:13:04 AM »

I now realise I have to change my routine. ie. smaller portions and added exercise. My added weight increased boob size and waist and hips. I really don't like it and it's coming off!!!

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 05:04:43 PM »

Hello ladies.

When I entered the menopause in my mid fifties I was appalled at my thickening waistline so I  took up running.  I also saw a photo of a typically pear shaped,  post meno woman in my trusty meno book and wasn't impressed with that either! I am 5 foot  2 and always slim and I didn't want that to change.

Fast forward almost ten years and my attitudes, like everything have changed. I now closely resemble the photo in my book but I'm okay with that. The running didn't really alter my shape nor did using the rowing machine in my bedroom or indeed the cross trainer at the gym. I know it is possible to obtain a very athletic physique in your sixties because I know someone who has done it but she lives in the gym and it has taken over her life.

On the plus side,  I still weigh 8 stone and don't have a spare  tyre or any sort of paunch. I just seem to have spread out!  I noticed that my bottom has lost it's curve and is now flat which I think is an old lady thing. Perhaps my fat stores have moved from my bottom to my belly?

One of the reasons I no longer stress about my figure is because I have more pressing concerns regarding the menopause, mood swings for example. In the grand scheme of things I would settle for looking worse but feeling better!

Take care ladies.

K.