Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Closest Alternative to Evorel Conti  (Read 6485 times)

kew

Closest Alternative to Evorel Conti
« on: September 04, 2019, 12:27:12 PM »

As in the title what are doctors suggesting as an alternative to Evorel Conti. Just got my latest prescription and as suspected there is none to be found anywhere.

I just wondered before I see the Dr, what others have been recommended/trying.

I suspect that my Dr may try and persuade me coming off it altogether.  :(. But it is a lifeline for me.

Katejo

Re: Closest Alternative to Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 12:37:53 PM »

As in the title what are doctors suggesting as an alternative to Evorel Conti. Just got my latest prescription and as suspected there is none to be found anywhere.

I just wondered before I see the Dr, what others have been recommended/trying.

I suspect that my Dr may try and persuade me coming off it altogether.  :(. But it is a lifeline for me.
Nothing yet. I did ask the GP but got no answer. I will ask the consultant when I have my next meno clinic appt in December. I have just enough patches to last until then.

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 12:59:52 PM »

Have you tried online pharmacies? if so, make sure their registration with mhra is approved.
I'm looking to order the oestrogel. I've never tried it. I also can't get evorel. Some women on here use estradot, a different type of patch but same dose as far as I know.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 01:26:18 PM »

Don't be persuaded to come off it against your will with shortages being given as a reason especially!

Closest alternative is another 50 mcg oestrogen patch ( all listed under Oestrogens in HRT preps on menu) together with off-licence norethisterone (same prog as in Evorel conti). there is no separate preparation licensed for hRT although it is in combi preparations Would have to be taken orally though.  According to menu for 2 mg oral oestrogen conti HRT (medium dose) the norethisterone dose is 1 mg daily. Yoy can get norethisterone tabs separately or as mini pill Noriday 350 mcg so you would need 3 of these per day for equivalent dose.

If you don't mind changing prog then any 50 mcg oestrogen patch with Provera tabs or Utrogestan ( progesterone) which can be used vaginally off licence.

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 02:48:05 PM »

Don't be persuaded to come off it against your will with shortages being given as a reason especially!

Closest alternative is another 50 mcg oestrogen patch ( all listed under Oestrogens in HRT preps on menu) together with off-licence norethisterone (same prog as in Evorel conti). there is no separate preparation licensed for hRT although it is in combi preparations Would have to be taken orally though.  According to menu for 2 mg oral oestrogen conti HRT (medium dose) the norethisterone dose is 1 mg daily. Yoy can get norethisterone tabs separately or as mini pill Noriday 350 mcg so you would need 3 of these per day for equivalent dose.

If you don't mind changing prog then any 50 mcg oestrogen patch with Provera tabs or Utrogestan ( progesterone) which can be used vaginally off licence.

Hurdity x
Thanks Hurdity  I have just emailed a contact in Italy to ask her for confirmation about availability from a pharmacy without a doctor's prescription (as appears to be possible in Spain). I am off to Italy on Saturday so will check it out myself. If it doesn't work, I will show your suggestions to the consultant when i go back.

vickypk

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 06:35:40 PM »

Hi katejo
Hope you are able to get the evorel conti patches over the counter in Italy. I'm on the same patches. It is becoming worrying where to get the next lot from  As usual it's all gone quiet in the news again. Hope you enjoy your holiday x

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 06:38:23 PM »

Hi katejo
Hope you are able to get the evorel conti patches over the counter in Italy. I'm on the same patches. It is becoming worrying where to get the next lot from  As usual it's all gone quiet in the news again. Hope you enjoy your holiday x
Thanks vickypk.  I will let you know what happens.  I have also messaged a friend in Italy to ask about it.

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 10:10:51 PM »

Hi katejo
My friend in Italy has replied this evening to say that pharmacies are not allowed to supply HRT without a prescription.  Perhaps they do sometimes bend the rules but she thinks it would be difficult to get any.

Poppy78

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 08:48:00 AM »

I've just tried 10 pharmacies and no Evorel 100 anywhere EXCEPT the Lloyd's Pharmacy at Barts hospital - where apparently they have loads but you can only get them with a consultant prescription and those are only for one month! I'm disgusted that an NHS PCT is hoarding Evorel while women are suffering.

vickypk

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 11:37:21 AM »

Hi McKay Girl
I'll probably do the same as you just use half a patch each time, if this ever gets sorted. I had the same reaction to the utrogestan as you, had really bad cramps and felt unwell. Tried the gel and utrogestan for 3 months,  4 years ago.  I don't know of any other alternatives to the patch.
X

Italianlover

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 12:44:40 PM »

I've got 2 Evorel patches left and in my area there is no gel or patch availability at all now. I have been told that I must switch to tablets or go without 😡😡

kew

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 04:41:45 PM »

Hurdity x

Thank you - spoke to the surgery pharmacist and this is exactly what he has suggested and is getting a prescription sorted.  Oestrogen patch and Utrogestan. No need to see the Dr either 😁

So grateful for this wonderful forum full of informed ladies. Hope everyone else can get sorted.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 05:34:22 AM by kew »