Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT - ONE MONTH ONLY PRESCRIPTION  (Read 1020 times)

shally0318

HRT - ONE MONTH ONLY PRESCRIPTION
« on: September 03, 2019, 12:20:35 PM »

I have had my prescription changed to Everol seqi patches by hospital whilst waiting for my hysterectomy in a few months from Femeston 1/10 as still got brain fog ect.
Have two months of fem left but wanted to try patches. When I picked up my prescription  it was only a moths supply rather than 3 months.
Apparently this has changed for West Lancs and you can only get one months worth of medication from now on.
What a faff is it the same all over the country?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:28:17 PM by shally0318 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT - ONE MONTH ONLY PRESCRIPTION
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 12:30:14 PM »

Is that what you were told by the Pharmacist ?  :-\

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 01:47:27 PM »

Possibly it's rationing due to the nationwide shortage of patches.

JP x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 01:53:22 PM »

I am literally down to my last box of Estradot 75 - they (dispensary at my GP practice) are only releasing one box at a time (can only actually get one box at a time) so no chance of accumulating any. Fortunately I still have a couple of boxes of 50 leftover from a couple of years ago before I changed (but these are out of date although I would use them if push came to shove). Also a box of Sandrena gel sachets which didn't suit me - so I have 3 months of something if the worst happened and if no patches of any description. For those who pay the other two boxes of Estradot are counted as owing from the 3 month prescription so you don't have to pay any more. (I get them free as I'm an oldie!). If they only actually prescribe one month's supply - well that's just not on!

Hurdity x

shally0318

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 02:00:15 PM »

Is that what you were told by the Pharmacist ?  :-\

One of the receptionists at the doctors told me it is all repeat medication not just HRT new rules for this area? They will only give you one months worth. So if I had to get femeston on repeat it would be £18 per month as two types of tablets in packet.
Makes you wonder if they are trying to put people off getting them due to cost. I pay for my meds and would still pay as need them for quality of life but some people may not be able to afford them.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 02:01:48 PM by shally0318 »

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 02:06:08 PM »

Where my mother lives they have had the one month prescription rule for over a year, apparantly its to cut down wastage. I hope they don't do it at mine because ours is already just two monts at a time, but my HRT only last six weeks as it is.

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 02:57:27 PM »

I have had my prescription changed to Everol seqi patches by hospital whilst waiting for my hysterectomy in a few months from Femeston 1/10 as still got brain fog ect.
Have two months of fem left but wanted to try patches. When I picked up my prescription  it was only a moths supply rather than 3 months.
Apparently this has changed for West Lancs and you can only get one months worth of medication from now on.
What a faff is it the same all over the country?
I did see a comment from 1 member (name forgotten) who was only allowed 1 box of 8 patches  at a time.

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 02:59:34 PM »

Where my mother lives they have had the one month prescription rule for over a year, apparantly its to cut down wastage. I hope they don't do it at mine because ours is already just two monts at a time, but my HRT only last six weeks as it is.
Mine is currently 2 months but I only get 1 box of 24 Vagifem to last that period.

allie007

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 06:57:27 PM »

I'm in Wales and I got 6 months worth of Estradot. That was nearly 2 months ago though

shally0318

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 04:56:29 PM »

Managed to get a prescription for 2 months supply but guess what it's all out of stock in my area, as rare as hens teeth. Good job I have a few packs of Femeston as back up  :-\

shrosphirelass

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 05:41:27 PM »

I was lucky to get 6 months prescription a couple of weeks ago. My doctor changed it to 6 months the time before when I asked to have more that one month at a time. Seems very unfair that it depens on who you see / which health authority you live in. But no changes there!

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 06:53:54 PM »

I have my Everol 100 patches on 3 months worth per prescription, I have my check up next Monday, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with my repeat.