Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Mood swings and irritating  (Read 692 times)

LostLady

Mood swings and irritating
« on: August 31, 2019, 02:02:55 PM »

I haven't posted on here for quite a while because since starting Duet Elleste 1mg almost 2 years ago I was feeling great, however the last few months I have started to get all the old feelings back again half way through the packet, really moody, tired, fed up, really irritated by everything, sad and despondent.
I am 48 I exercise regularly, a lot of cycling and walking and recently Tai Chi. My diet is good, lots of fresh salads. I don't drink much alcohol.
I don't know what to do to make these feelings go away, I hate the way it takes over my life.
Does anyone else experience this?
I wonder if I need to change HRT?

bear

Re: Mood swings and irritating
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 02:11:44 PM »

Hi LostLady,

I think these are normal perimenopause symptoms. HRT preparations are not strong enough to override the hormonal fluctuations that occur at the late stages of perimenopause. Were you still having normal periods when you started taking Elleste Duet?

BeaR.

LostLady

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 02:17:08 PM »

Hi BeaR
When I started taking HRT my periods were erratic sometimes I would go 3 months without one, but up until then they had always been regular and I didn't get really bad PMT just a bit hormonal.
Since taking HRT, some periods are fine some are almost non existent with varying symptoms of nothing to the awful ones I previously mentioned.
 :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 11:30:58 AM »

Hi LostLady - sorry to hear about your ongoing symptoms.  Just to add also that 1 mg oestrogen is a low dose so now that you are probably further towards menopause maybe you need a higher dose? There is a 2/10 version or if this is one that is unavailable there are other preparations - Clinorette is 2 mg or Femoston (but the latter contains a different progestogen). it may also be that you would benefit from a different progedstogen as some can make women more moody with pms - but I would try the increased dose first and see how you feel (better not to change two things at once).

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x

LostLady

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »

Dear Hurdity
Thank you for your comments and advice, I think I will have a chat with my Doctor and see what is available for me. I know that my current HRT is in short supply so it might be that I have to change anyway.
I will update once I'm sorted.
Thank you
🙏🏽