Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Pain during orgasm  (Read 1672 times)

laquesabe

Pain during orgasm
« on: September 02, 2019, 08:37:51 AM »

Hi i wondered if anyone else had experienced this. I have had a relatively easy passage through menopause. I am 53, no periods for 2 yrs, a bit of weight gain and thyroid dipped but I have not resorted to hrt and am dealing with the odd hot flush too with a good diet and vitamin supplements.
Sooooo, allis well except that orgasm is very painful, a bit like a huge cramping/burning pain just after. Also penetration induces this pain. I have been to see a Gyny twice and had internal and external examinations which have shown nothing. I have NO dryness or atrophy either. Its all looking very good down there tbh lol !!
I have little sex drive and I'm single so my sexual activity is with myself and i am happy with that if it weren't for the pain afterwards. I have been checked for urinary problems and there are none.
I'm baffled by the pain and have no help from the gyny. Does anyone else experience the same. I'm getting a bit worried as i hope that at some point in the future I'll meet someone who I want to have sex with but wont be able to if this carries on.
I'd really appreciate any advice or help. like I said there is no atrophy or lubrication issues so I just have no idea what causes this pain.
Thank you for any replies x

friend of lhasa apso

Re: Pain during orgasm
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 05:56:19 PM »

Hi ,I don't know what to say apart from maybe get a second opinion from another gp hopefully someone qualified in women's health matters.
Hopefully someone else will be able to advise soon on the forum .

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »

I would bet it is from atrophy as contrary to popular belief only like we have atrophy when it's bad for many.

Also we don't have to be dry we can be very wet but different texture to our youth.

Lack of oestrogen effects the whole pelvic floor & this can include painful orgasms.

Local oestrogen & visiting a women's health physio could really help.

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 08:55:27 PM »

I understand that atrophy of the uterus and reproductive organs does cause pain from orgasm in circumstances that are not menopause, where natural hormones are blocked.

Therefore, it would seem logical that this could happen after menopause.

I would go with what Maryjane says - she is the expert here.

I think atrophy strikes in different ways with different people at different times of their life and meno journey.  We tend to think of it as dryness and shrinkage, but for me it has involved wetness, swelling and 'infections'.  I know some women have had problems with atrophy of the endometrium causing bleeding which is another way.  It does seem to cause a whole load of varied outcomes.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 08:20:37 AM »

Could it be nerve pain?

Hurdity x

bear

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 08:51:24 PM »

Hi girls,

I think there's another possibility, based on my own experience. I've been experiencing pain AFTER orgasm, not during for decades (yes, sad) and I still don't have any signs of VA. One thing that can account for it is very low levels of testosterone. Just a thought.

BeaR.

laquesabe

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 07:59:33 PM »

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will certainly do more research into atrophy even though i have been told there is no sign of it in my case.
Its a real shame as it feels like i'm not going to be able to really enjoy sex fully.....However its a good job I have some very nice memories of it  ;D

Joaniepat

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 09:45:14 PM »

Could it be caused by an overtight pelvic floor? Might be worth consulting a Women's Health Physiotherapist.

JP x

bear

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 10:23:25 PM »

Could it be caused by an overtight pelvic floor? Might be worth consulting a Women's Health Physiotherapist.

JP x

Hi JP,

In my case this couldn't be the reason, because sometimes I don't experience any pain after orgasm. I've always wondered if it could be related to the bowels, wind perhaps?

BeaR.

Alicess

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 08:00:57 PM »

I recognize the muscle cramps but not the burning sensation. Low estrogen and/or low testosterone can cause (involuntary) muscle tension.