Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Testosterone/Tostran  (Read 5902 times)

Ljp

Re: Testosterone/Tostran
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2019, 05:21:49 PM »

Thank you Dotty

Dotty

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2019, 05:39:12 PM »

Ljp....I use 1 pump of Tostran 4 times a week....Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat. X

Ljp

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2019, 06:08:49 PM »

Has it helped you Dotty? What effect has it had? Where do you apply it?
How long have you been using it? And how long did it take to notice any changes?

Sorry for all the questions 🤭

Dotty

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2019, 07:16:53 PM »

Hi Ljp I've been using testosterone for about 19 months now. I started it at the same time as I started oestrogel and utrogestan. I put it on my inner forearm and rub it in with my other inner forearm so none is wasted.

I was very ill both mentally and physically when i started this combination. I'd already been on hrt tablets for 4 months and they'd had no effect! I began to get better within a month but I can't tell you whether it's the oestrogen or the testosterone or both. All I can say is I will be eternally grateful for the wonderful doctor who prescribed them all for me . X

Ljp

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2019, 08:06:42 PM »

So pleased it's working for you 😊
I've had a reply from my gynae, she suggests I use one pump of tostran daily for first two weeks, then reduce to 3 times a week, but she said I may need more.
Any change is scary and triggers anxiety I find 😩

Sammiejane

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2019, 10:27:23 AM »

Hi dotty

On your regime of estrogel utrogestan and testosterone have you had hair thinning .

I've been told I can't have testosterone till my estrogen levels higher but you were perscribed all 3 together ?

My gynocologist seems to think I should have all 3 hormones for balance even though I have no uterus or ovaries and I'm wondering it because of hairloss and how I'm feeling

Hurdity

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2019, 05:09:25 PM »

https://thebms.org.uk/publications/tools-for-clinicians/testosterone-replacement-in-menopause/

This is recent information about testosterone written by Nick Panay. The recommended dose of Tostran is 1 pump every other day. X

Thanks Dotty - I've posted this link myself too! I was just wanting to err on the side of caution re the lower starting dose of the C and W!! I wonder why they differ? Also I think it's because I use a very low dose and get a good response (and T level) and I do worry about overdosing hence my urge to start low and slow! Have you had your T and SHBG levels monitored - would be interested to know if so?

Sammiejane I presume you are having regular blood tests if the docs have suggested you need to get your oestrogen levels higher before introducing T? I am sure you would benefit if you have no ovaries and it could be the missing link. However if your oestrogen levels are too low addition of T could tip the balance in favour of too much T to OE and hence more androgenic side effects potentially.  As you are in surgical menopause your situation is a bit different and it does seem from what I read on here that it can be more tricky to get the right balance - and dose of oestrogen.

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2019, 05:26:35 PM »

Hi hurdity

Why does there need to be a balance between estrogen and testosterone yet another major female sex hormone we have as progesterone is never mentioned in hysterectomy women unless they suffered endometriosis!

I personally think I will take all 3 hormones to get a steady balance

Hurdity

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2019, 07:52:14 PM »

You don't really need extra progesterone as it is still produced in very small quantities by the body after menopause (via the adrenals). It is only needed in really large quantities for pregnancy which is why it is produced in the ovaries. Oestrogen and testosterone are the two that are needed more for normal functioning and in decent quantities. If you haven't tried T then I do recommend you pursuing this avenue with your doc.

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2019, 09:05:24 PM »

Hi hurdity

If you have small levels of progesterone produced by the adrenals would that not then create an imbalance with estrogen if you take estrogen hrt as this is also produced by the adrenals and in fat in our bodies but if then take hrt without progesterone your create an imbalance surely ?

Thanks
Sam
Pages: 1 2 [3]