Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Furious . Are we being rationed now?  (Read 2223 times)

Tc

Furious . Are we being rationed now?
« on: August 30, 2019, 10:37:55 AM »

ladies  I've posted about it already so to summarise background. As of  Wednesday there .was only one alternative patch available for me,  progynova 100. 
Yesterday the pharmacy received my scrip from doc for 48 patches. And told me they were "green" on his list and ordered them easily  whilst on phone to me. . I assumed he had filled the script 

Today Ithey have arrived and i  find he only orderd 12!!!  And  since yesterday they have now gone "orange" with a high possibly of  not being available   

He isnt there and I spoke to the other pharmacist  and i've just given him a rocket!!!  Telling him   "The doctor gave me a prescription for 48 for a reason. To cover me for about 5 months. I use 2 at a time, they are once a week and the pharmacist who ordered them knew that so. Why has he only orderd enough for 6 weeks?. He even said to me that the shortages could go on for months and was well aware  that's why the doc took the step of issuing 48 in one go. What possible reason is there for not filling the full prescription as the doctor intended." 

Answer was "I dont know". 

He  doesnt know  ???.  I think I might.. it could be a "mistake"  or is it more cynical than that?  Could it be  surupticious rationing.!!!

The guy today said he  is going to "try" to get the rest but cant guarantee. I could've been picking up 48 today and had some peace of mind .Instead I've got 6 weeks worth.  And I've got myself into such an anxious state about it.

I cant take the tablets and eastrogel didnt work for me.so my options are limited  .  I've been in tears this morning.

I know it's not just me, everyone is in the same boat.but I've posted about it because  I realy think we need to share these  experiences on here as much as we can to help each other

A very kind  and generous member on here has sent me 12 of her eastradot 100s. Posting  at her own expense. It gives me 3 weeks worth for which I am so grateful. And it warms my heart. Thank goodness for this forum  ❤

But boy am I angry at the way we are being treated.!!

Ladies much love to everyone at this time which  I dont think is an overstatement to call a crisis.

Xxxx

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:45:00 AM by Tc »

Butterfly22

Re: Furious . Are we being rationed now?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 10:46:36 AM »

Ah no I'm so sorry to hear this 🤗 I do feel like they are treating HRT like it's just a vitamin tablet, like oh well never mind take something else!
Like you I'm a bit limited due to having ME to as some make me poorly, others Have given me acne.
I think if I was you I'd pester them and keep calling them, who cares what they think it's dor our own sanity in the end.
I'm now on the gel but waiting on that having a shortage from a knock on effect. It's a joke. I don't think I'm on right amount anyway as hot flushes creeping back in.
Sending hugs and fingers crossed xxxx

Tc

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 12:50:31 PM »

Well birdy. The issue is now he has part filled it I cant take that prescription elsewhere. Even if another pharmasist has some I've got to go back to doc for a new script for the 3rd time this week!!! So yes. New script new charge.
But more importantly  wasted time during which items are falling off the "available list" by the hour.

Birdy. My piss is boiling, and it's not a UTI  !!!!

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »

ladies  I've posted about it already so to summarise background. As of  Wednesday there .was only one alternative patch available for me,  progynova 100. 
Yesterday the pharmacy received my scrip from doc for 48 patches. And told me they were "green" on his list and ordered them easily  whilst on phone to me. . I assumed he had filled the script 

Today Ithey have arrived and i  find he only orderd 12!!!  And  since yesterday they have now gone "orange" with a high possibly of  not being available   

He isnt there and I spoke to the other pharmacist  and i've just given him a rocket!!!  Telling him   "The doctor gave me a prescription for 48 for a reason. To cover me for about 5 months. I use 2 at a time, they are once a week and the pharmacist who ordered them knew that so. Why has he only orderd enough for 6 weeks?. He even said to me that the shortages could go on for months and was well aware  that's why the doc took the step of issuing 48 in one go. What possible reason is there for not filling the full prescription as the doctor intended." 

Answer was "I dont know". 

He  doesnt know  ???.  I think I might.. it could be a "mistake"  or is it more cynical than that?  Could it be  surupticious rationing.!!!

The guy today said he  is going to "try" to get the rest but cant guarantee. I could've been picking up 48 today and had some peace of mind .Instead I've got 6 weeks worth.  And I've got myself into such an anxious state about it.

I cant take the tablets and eastrogel didnt work for me.so my options are limited  .  I've been in tears this morning.

I know it's not just me, everyone is in the same boat.but I've posted about it because  I realy think we need to share these  experiences on here as much as we can to help each other

A very kind  and generous member on here has sent me 12 of her eastradot 100s. Posting  at her own expense. It gives me 3 weeks worth for which I am so grateful. And it warms my heart. Thank goodness for this forum  ❤

But boy am I angry at the way we are being treated.!!

Ladies much love to everyone at this time which  I dont think is an overstatement to call a crisis.

Xxxx
I can't quite decide how much it is to do with cost rationing and how much to do with the current availability issues. If it is cost rationing, they forget that 1. denying us a sufficient supply may result in further UTI infections and the cost of sending samples for analysis/repeated GP appointments and 2. My cystitis/possible UTI symptoms are worse if I am stressed for any reason and this rationing is causing me stress because I can't use Vagifem as often as I may need to and don't know whether i will be able to get more patches.   :'(

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 01:39:43 PM »

The more I read the angrier I'm. Feeling.
I'll not moan on about my history (feel everyone is sick of me) but I feel I've no bloody support!
The doctors are about as clued up as forest gump, I'm now starting to feel quite poorly on this bloody gel. I've got constant period cramp and it's not going. I was on the patches for months and did not get this so god knows.
I'm feeling I've nowhere to turn for help anymore. Sick as a bloody chip.

Tc

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 01:59:50 PM »

Love to you ladies.

I never get political in here but I've posted on anxiety thread about what I believe may be happening.

Butterfly am I right in thinking you had early meno?  It's been hard enough for me with lack of support medically and I'm 54. So I realy feel for you.

How much gel are you on?
Xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 04:17:43 PM »

It's getting a joke, yes I started at 25 was post by 27. On nouvelle 8 yrs discontinued, took four years to find premique, took for two years then discontinued, took couple more years to settle on duavine after 18 months and hot flushes had hormone level test and was low so not strong enough then yay found patches and yep! Now can't get them.
I'm on 1.5mg of gel only been a week but feel awful, was suppose to be going to my partners for the weekend but cancelled as just feel really crappy.
I'm 45 have ostperina due to early meno or I'd say sod this. Mind can't cope with night sweats for ten years or more.
I really am sorry for ranting I just feel so alone and no bloody help.xxxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 05:56:10 PM »

Hi Birdy it says about 1.5/2 I was doing two then got the half sachets may just go back to two. I feel like 20;years on and nothing has changed still not settled and my emotions, energy and life is all like a roller coaster. I just long for stability.
TJ sorry for ranting on your thread 😬xxx

shrosphirelass

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 06:05:57 PM »

Really sorry Tc, hope they manage to get some more for you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »

I don't think that GPs or Pharmacist know what is happening .......... they should but haven't been informed from higher up the food chain.  This should have been brought to notice at least 2 years ago when it was obvious that there were shortages, long B4 Brexit reared it's ugly head.  One reason is that the NHS won't pay manufacturers what is being asked so the products are sold abroad where they will be paid for their medications. 

Another is apparently, some of the basic ingredients are in short supply  :-\

Tc

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 12:04:29 AM »

Clkd. How can pharmacists and GPS not know . If patients are coming back to GPs with scripts that cant be filled. If pharmacists are unable to order products. It's been happening since I went on HRT nearly a year ago. How can they not know?

Butterfly22

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 07:47:20 AM »

I've had so many problems over 20 years getting hrt I'm good with or they are discontinued and the doctor has said to me in the past it's money, like CLKD said. Maybe there is a problem getting a certain ingredient for one which seems to have had a knock on effect as the Estraderm patch I was on was not that popular! Now I can't get it.

Thanks Birdy 🤗
Xx