Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Too much oestrogen?  (Read 2649 times)

Sammiejane

Re: Too much oestrogen?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 10:12:30 AM »

Hi birdy

Yes I saw the link I have read it before

Basically saying imbalance of hormones could be causing the loss of hair or could be in fact starting hormone therapy can actually trigger hair loss not that this happened when I was younger on the pill but then I had my ovaries !

Do I stop the hrt then ? Or add in progesterone to get a balance ?

Cause looking my hair isn't an option

EleanorB

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 11:27:56 AM »

Thanks so much for these replies. I have a history of reacting to very small amounts of drugs so hearing other people have experienced the same is helpful. I have taken the patch down by one eighth,  cur the quarter I have gone up by in half so will see how I go. On a side note I went up quickly by a quarter before from half to three quarters, then I just experienced much worse short term memory so came down and went up when I had been on half a patch for longer and was ok. This increase also horribly impacted my memory so another sign it's the increase. As yet the depression hasn't kicked back in so fingers crossed.

Sammiejane

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 01:21:01 PM »

Hi Tracey e

I have been on estrogen hrt for 8 months now my boobs are still big up to cup sizes and have stayed that big also weight gain of a stone in 8 months ?

Is this normal my boobs are really worrying me I had lost some weight before starting hrt by stone and half and lost my boobs so maybe it's just putting them back to how they were it's just they feel heavy but not hard soft and no noticeable lumps ?

I went to GP yesterday with regards to the excessive sweating in groin and armpits and she said it's a combination of imbalance of hormones low testosterone and aniexty which the aniexty is caused by imbalance of hormones so she suggested taking patch and progesterone and see how I go but I said I was worried that the VA Symtoms would be worse if I go on the patch as the gel is advertised for menopausal symtoms but also moderate to severe changes in and around the vagina but she said it should work the same and may even be better because at the moment on 2 pumps of gel I'm not obsorbing it and estrogen levels dropped from 195 to 104 but do I increase to 3 pumps as menopause said to try or change to the patch but then still have the issue of shedding hair .
Your thoughts are much appreciated
Pages: 1 [2]