Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Still getting anxiety and agitation by taking HRT?  (Read 3676 times)

ladylollipop

Still getting anxiety and agitation by taking HRT?
« on: August 29, 2019, 11:30:37 AM »

Hi, just a question. Taking HRT for a year now. Brain fog went away and didn't come back. My sleep is ok. But I couldn't get rid of anxiety and agitation permanently. There are weeks without or less of these symptoms but also weeks where I feel quite anxious again and have this jittery. What are you experiences with HRT? Did it eliminate all symptoms?

Lady Lollipop

ladylollipop

Re: Still getting anxiety and agitation by taking HRT?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 01:33:13 PM »

Hello,

Anybody any experiences, please

Love
Lady Lollipop

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 01:43:02 PM »

Hi, sorry to hear this, I've never had a hrt where everything is ok. It's like some symptoms ease but still some there. I get anxiety to and it's awful atm.
I was suppose to go shopping today but don't want to go on my own as feel to anx.
I wonder if it's worth trying another hrt if your anxiety is too much for you xx

ladylollipop

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 02:01:56 PM »

Hello Butterfly, thanks for your answer. Sorry to hear about your anxiety too. I am a bit better today. I was happy with my HRT Fem7sequi but it is not available at the moment. Have to wait till March 2020 the company told me

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 03:36:08 PM »

Hi Ladylollipop- i'll Second what butterfly has said. I've never felt right on any of the regimes I've been on but the patches and Utrogestan are a better but not quite right combo for me. I still get symptoms popping up from time to time eg, sore muscles, palpitations, bloating , anxiety, insomnia etc etc. And I can't work out any sort of pattern so I've just given up trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I came off once before and overall I would say that I felt a bit better but went back on when I noticed quite significant hair loss. It's now coming back a bit so I'm not sure if it's the increased oestrogen I've been taking or the supplements I'm taking. Only one way of finding out I suppose!
Fact is, HRT doesn't always work.

Wobbles

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 03:46:02 PM »

Hello Lady Lollipop,

Anxiety and the agitation feeling are horrible so I really sympathise. Mine did gradually go after a year but I had to supplement with magnesium 325mg (from Boots) which helped. Due to the magnesium taking water from everywhere in my body and the hot weather it was really easy to get dehydrated really quickly. Remember to drink lots (for me 3 litres) of water daily. I had to stop drinking tea and coffee, sugary things and carbonated drinks to get mine under some control. HRT didn't seem to do much for me other than regulated my periods and reduced my night sweats. I'm still not quite there yet though. I recommend cuddling a cat on a regular basis or going to bed with your childhood teddy bear.

W x

Mogster71

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 04:11:22 PM »

Hi Lady Lollipop

I know completely what you're talking about with the agitation/anxiety - I had what I can only describe as massive adrenaline rush/wired feeling on one kind of HRT. That fluttery feeling when you're about to do something risky or scary.

Cat cuddling definitely works, Wobbles!!

I'm beginning to lose hope with HRT at the moment - maybe I don't quite "need" it yet but feel I should.

What other symptoms do you have, it improved the brain fog but was there anything else going on?

Mog x

orrla

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »

Were you given Testosterone too?

Try!

It helped to reduce my anxiety fantastically! I wished I took it earlier.. but had to ask for it myself!

Natatters

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 05:48:23 PM »

Agree with Orria. Am sure testosterone was the thing that really helped with my anxiety. Seems sort of under control although does rear it's head sometimes. I do feel agitated a lot though after changing the progesterone I was on.

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 06:32:54 PM »

Hello ladies

Like many of you HRT has never stopped the horrible jittery feelings and anxiety.

I am now taking a break from HRT as it's been nine years since my last  period and I want to see how things are naturally. It's early days but so far I feel about the same though obviously what I want is to feel spectacularly better!  Oh well, hope springs eternal.

Wishing you all well.

K.

Marie62

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 07:09:28 PM »

The only thing that helped my anxiety was Angeliq but they had to discontinue it didn't they ::)
Am on Femoston Conti now and the first week the anxiety returned just in the morning I nearly had a full blown panic attack one day but it's settled a bit now.
The worst HRT for me was Elleste conti really bad depression and anxiety on that.
I'd love to come off HRT altogether but it's a vicious circle now, I'm worried if I stop the hair loss and all the symptoms will come back.
If I didn't have to work I'd come off it and could be miserable at home haha I've another 10 years till retirement so will keep plodding on.
Thank god for forums like this otherwise I'd feel very alone.

Jari

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 07:20:20 PM »

Hi ladylollipop.
I tried hrt, but the symptoms it caused were far worse than the symptoms I had so I came off it. X

ladylollipop

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2019, 07:39:03 PM »

Wow thank you so much for your answers, ladies. Cuddling a cat is a very good idea. I have got three and one of them prefers to spend the night next to me in bed. The purring helps to calm down. HRT helped me with the brain fog, the spaced out feeling and with insomnia. But I get more skin problems and as I wrote anxiety and agitation are not gone. Maybe we must try to live with it. But it is easier said than done. I also always wonder that nobody of the women I know seem to have these problems. Just headache, or sweating but no anxiety, panic attacks, etc. I often feel like an alien.

Love
Lady Lollipop

Marie62

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2019, 07:57:26 PM »

Yes I knew the alien feeling well!!
I've only met one woman in real life my age who is going through a bad menopause and suffered very bad depression and anxiety. Everyone else seemed to have no symptoms or a few flushes. I had to take a few weeks of work when I was at my worst and felt the women my age had no sympathy and almost like they didn't believe me and thought I was making it up to get a few weeks holiday ::)
I wish it could be explained how some women have little or no symptoms and others have so many. I don't think anybody really knows, I think it would help a bit if there was a least some explanation.

orrla

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2019, 08:12:18 PM »

They say that ca 80% of women have some sort of symptoms, ranging from mild to severe.

I know that in my (ex) circle, where most of women were slightly older than I, none was sympathetic towards me, but some looked quite pleased that I suffered. Rubbish I heard from them made me search more!

Yes, thanks for this forum!

Pages: [1] 2