Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: How long is too long to bleed?  (Read 525 times)

Pinkshrimp

How long is too long to bleed?
« on: August 27, 2019, 07:31:51 PM »

I'm on day 12 of period bleed. I've never had this before. It's showing no sign of stopping.  This is my  third month on femeston 2/10 and I'm a week into the red pills.
I'm unsure what to do. Is this normal? Should I go to the gp?
Read you loose 3 tablespoons of blood per period - that must have been written by a man! I'm loosing a tbs every time I wee let alone in between!
 I'm knackered :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How long is too long to bleed?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 08:27:02 AM »

I bet you are.  Does it give advice in the leaflet or maybe put the product name into the search box here and see what pops up? 

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 07:16:30 PM »

Hi pinkshrimp

What HRT were you on before the Femoston or what was your natural cycle doing? Also are the red pills the combi ones? If you are peri-menopausal then your own hormones can kick in and sometimes very long periods can happen. There is a section on this website about bleeding: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/heavyperiods.php start here and the other tabs about HRT and treatments.

If you are worried then do mention to your doc yes - all abnormal bleeding that concerns you should be reported even though there is likely to be an explanation for it.

Hurdity x

Pinkshrimp

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 09:15:38 PM »

Hurdity. This is my first lot of HRT. I'm peri and I'd not had a period for 4 months, but, the bugger started again just before  I first started taking the hrt. I dunno if that makes a difference. The next one was 28 days and normal. This one was a few days early. I wondered if I'd got two overlapping but 13 days is a bit long for 2 even.
It started clotty, but now is just like a relentless dribbling tap. Getting upright in the morning is a bloody nightmare in the most literal sense. It's like upturning a cup :(
I'm 51 and still not good at this being a girl lark... :/