Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ovarian cyst  (Read 570 times)

tj9695

Ovarian cyst
« on: August 28, 2019, 12:46:47 PM »

Hi everyone

I am 41 and have been on hrt for two years due to an early menopause that runs in the family.
I tried different combined tablets that either didn't agree with me or caused trouble with my liver.
I have been on the everol 50 patch and utrogestan tablet at night for nearly two months and i love it. The only problem is last week i became doubled up in pain and it was eventually found that i had a ruptured ovarian cyst. The doctors seem to think there is no link to the hrt and it was from ovulating. After doing ivf i have became very good at knowing if i ovulate as was told 6 years ago i had virtually no eggs left. I do not think i have ovulated at all this year, so how could it be from that? I was also told my ovary that had the cyst is attached to my abdominal wall and the other to my bowel, as i had my tubes removed to help with the ivf, could that make a difference?
Im just really worried it will happen again as i am training to be a counsellor and can't keep taking time off.
Has anyone else developed cysts after starting hrt?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovarian cyst
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 01:48:42 PM »

:welcomemm:  I'm sure that someone will be along.  In the mean time, put 'ovarian cyst' into the search box here.  Make notes ;-).

onion relish

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 03:28:02 PM »

I've always had a cyst on my right ovary, but have developed a new one on my left since my last scan. I think there's been about 3-4 years between the last scan and the one I had last month, during which time I've been on HRT.

I have no idea if it's related but having the same one seen on scans for a few decades then another one pop up on the left at my age, it would seem HRT related.

Salad

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 04:10:28 PM »

I've got a cyst  ::)
They think it's the same one they ‘found' in December 2013, but now it's 4.2 cm instead of 1cm. I started HRT in June 2013
They found it when I had a CT scan for something else— I was followed up for a while but discharged when a surgeon examined it whilst doing adhesiolysis surgery and confirmed it was a ‘simple' cyst.
It's now been ‘found' again on another CT scan so I'm being monitored again for a while.
They don't tend to intervene unless it's looking dodgy, causing pain or 5cm or over. I guess I'll wait and see after my next scan in December.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 05:28:34 PM »

I had a vaginal polyp years ago which my Gyanea wanted to remove, however at peri-menopause it shrunk.  All on it's own.  Maybe this cyst is hormonally linked anyway regardless of medication?