Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shortage, alternatives help please  (Read 1648 times)

Tc

Re: Shortage, alternatives help please
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 09:04:53 AM »

Update. My doc didnt want me to have tablets if there is still a patch available so I've managed to get some progynova patches ordered.

It's a new one on me  when I searched the forum I could only find  ladies talking about  the progynova tablet. 

Oh well I dont have any choice and it's not as if I've got on great with estradot cos I havent.
Xxx

Dotty

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 10:12:06 AM »

Hi Tc there's a couple of ladies yesterday saying they had been given the Progynova patches on here xx

Countrygirl

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 10:12:23 AM »

Let us know how it goes Tc, I had never heard of it either and you never know you might get on brilliantly with it x

Tc

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 11:17:57 AM »

Thanks. Its different as  its change once a week.

I found some interesting stuff about patches. I cant link it, but it was talking about the "patch running out too early" issue and the dip some ladies get before or upon  changeover.which I definitely do... It said some ladies have enough of a "reservoir" to cover these fluctuations with no effects. But others particularly in surgical meno may have such a low "reservoir"  that even slight changes in dosing become apparent.  It suggested that "daily dosing" is better for ladies who find this, which I guess is gel or tablet.

It will be interesting to see if I get a more steady state from only changing once a week.

Thanks for all your replies. At this rate all the patch users are going to end up on progynova!!.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 11:20:24 AM by Tc »

Radoy

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 11:32:40 AM »

I'm now on the Progynova TS 50 patch and it looks exactly the same as the ingredient in Evorel patch - estradiol hemihydrate? My GP said it's just the same as buying generic ibuprofen vs. Nurofen (which I do with no ill effect). It's only been a day but I feel great. I'm taking Noraday (northisterone) tablets along with it.

Hope for us all. He also said some of this may be sorted by Christmas but everything I read seems to say mid-2020!

Countrygirl

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2019, 12:10:51 PM »

daft question, but I know some patches can't be cut due to the delivery system, any idea if they can be as can't find anything online x

Tc

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2019, 12:22:34 PM »

CG. I have got into the (probably unadvisable) habit of leaving the old patch on for 12 hours alongside the new. I  change on 3. But even then I only realy ever notice any eastrogen benefits (obvious ones like lack of  flushes) on day 2.

I believe that matrix patches can be cut. There is another type of patch which has a "reservoir" which shouldnt be cut. I think most  patches are matrix. My gynae told me I can cut the estradot.

Radoy. Yes. It is the same active ingredient. There is more of it in the 100 than in my estradot 100 because it lasts a week but its released at the same rate per 24 hours.

Did you switch to noraday at the same time. ?

t looks as though we  may be among the first of many who are going to be prescribed progynova.patches. I wonder why it hasnt been on the radar before. Maybe it's old and has just fallen out of favour with newer patches, maybe it's about cost.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2019, 12:48:38 PM »

Good luck with it Tc. Let us know how you get on. I'm intersted in it being 7 days and whether that means that there's less dip as often, if you see what I mean as recenly my recurring bad headaches / migraines have tended to occur on day 3 of the patch. Intersting what you say about whether daily dosing would be better.

It's all hypothetical with the lack of availablity. i wanted to change my HRT due to recurring symptoms but because of the shortages I'm just grateful I can carry on with something!

Tc

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2019, 01:01:04 PM »

Shropshire lass. Yes. I mean I will only get that changeover dip once instead of twice a week.

It said Daily dosing may get around that changeover dip for some women..i take daily dosing to mean tablets or gel  But  regarding migraine i'm linking some info  where it says for migraine sufferers patches or gel may be preferable to tablets.

Are you on progesterone.?
Progesterone seems to trigger mine 

The info ive linked suggests a conti regime is better than a cycle in terms of migraine.

https://thebms.org.uk/publications/tools-for-clinicians/migraine-and-hrt/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:22:36 PM by Tc »

shrosphirelass

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »

Thanks Tc. I'll have a look.

Let us know if it does help will the dips as I will consider for the future, when hopefully availability isn't an issue. Wierdly I have had the migraines on both parts of the sequi regime. It seems worse when the estrogen level drops, I wake up in the night / early morning with pounding headache around day 3, but not every time. It may be something else is going on as I've not been sleeping well. I'm pretty sure its estrogen related though as this would also explain the nausea, and increased dryness. Probably need to up the dose but there's nothing available so I'm going to have to grin and bear it and change patches more often maybe x
Pages: 1 [2]