Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel patch shortage?  (Read 1348 times)

Radoy

Evorel patch shortage?
« on: August 28, 2019, 09:55:30 AM »

Hi - I just went to the doctor to have my Evorel patch prescription renewed and she said there was a shortage. Having called 10 pharmacies, including the Boots main hub, it's completely out of stock. There are news articles indicating it won't be available in the UK until mid-2020.

Anyone else finding themselves in this predicament? Have you been able to substitute it successfully and, if so, with what?

I have two patches left so understandably worried.

Loobyloo

Re: Evorel patch shortage?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 10:15:25 AM »

I've had this on my elestte solo 40mx. Started around 6/7 months again and I searched all over the place until two months ago when couldn't get it anywhere. Under docs advice and my own thoughts decided to start cutting down but crashed last week as I cut down rapidly (6weeks) and started feeling shaky, very hot and bad flushes.  Really thought I could do it but admitted defeat to docs who sai could be coming down too quick. Anyway cut a long story short somehow last Friday they were coming back in stock and doc got them super quick sent. I can see a change in the packaging (ie newer dates etc and box is updated) but the same as I've always had. Anyway asked doc yesterday if I could have six months worth in case it happens again but she said only two as obviously they like to keep an eye on things. From what the pharmacist said some of them are coming in and as quick as they are they are going again. There is a site to check stock availability and I found the best pharmacists were the independent ones. X

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 10:24:34 AM »

I have evorel sequi and rang around lots of pharmacies and eventually was lucky enough to get 6 months supply. I also asked about evorel and evorel conti, different pharmacies had one or two packets of each. Boots didn't have any. I got mine from an independent pharmacy attached to a GP's and Tesco extra also had 3 packets. I had to travel 10 miles but it was worth it, would have travelled a lot further. Where abouts are you Radoy? There's obviously just the tail end of stock left here and there.

Good luck, I hope you track some down. Sorry can't advise on alternatives as only ever had evorel.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 12:19:13 PM »

Hi - I just went to the doctor to have my Evorel patch prescription renewed and she said there was a shortage. Having called 10 pharmacies, including the Boots main hub, it's completely out of stock. There are news articles indicating it won't be available in the UK until mid-2020.

Anyone else finding themselves in this predicament? Have you been able to substitute it successfully and, if so, with what?

I have two patches left so understandably worried.
I am on Evorel Conti and first became aware of the problem in May. I had problems with my last prescription. I have enough for about 3 months but don't k ow what I will do after that.

Radoy

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 02:39:57 PM »

I think it's lamentable! I called 15 places and no one has any Evorel 25 or Evorel 50. If men had this kind of shortage and its effect, I can honestly say the world would end but everywhere I've gone they are quit sanguine about it - oh well, "supply issues."

I am now on oral Noraday(northisterone) and the generic version of Evorel 50 conti patches - Progynova TS 50 if that helps anyone. The main ingredient "estradiol hemihydrate" is the same, so I'm hoping it works for me. There are no combined patches apparently like Evorel Conti.

Apparently this shortage continues until the middle of 2020. So disappointing, but my GP shared my worries - apologised and said they were very concerned, too.

Maxwin

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 02:48:05 PM »

My last Everol 25 prescription was fine few weeks ago, got review on Friday so be interesting to see what happens.  Hopefully the doctor will know before re prescribing it whether it is out stock!

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 03:55:36 PM »

Radoy what Everol patch are you on? I'm on 100mg and my doctor's pharmacy have had no problem getting hold of it for me.

Radoy

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 07:24:24 PM »

I'm on the Evorel 50 conti. I'd happily try any pharmacy Yorkshire Girl if you can let me know which one I'll give it a go! :-) Many thanks.

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 08:23:45 PM »

I spoke with a friend who works in Boots when I was in today. I ended up speaking to the pharmacist too. Their print outs suggest that there will be more stock of Evorel in mid October. I was sceptical given what I've read but they were insistent that this was what the Boots internal information says.
They may be referring to a web link which I saw earlier this .month. it was a British Menopause Association one. That definitely predicted October but I have heard more pessimistic forecast since then.