News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2371 times)

Jari

Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 09:58:09 PM »

CLKD, you may think hrt is not a curse. That's your opinion. I think differently. I think it is a curse. I think a most women that go for it, do so, to take an easy option. I did exactly that.

It's a quick fix. Put a plaster on, rather than deal with what's really going on.

It depends what sort of person you are.

In hindsight I now know how horrible and powerful it is and I think it's right to make others aware of that.

In my opinion it's much better to go the natural route than to mess up your body with added fake hormones that causes shattering side effects.

Luna k

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 11:40:19 PM »

Hi Jari,
 Its so great that you are finding menopause easier without hrt.
The thing is that all women are different and have lots of complex symptoms... It definately is not a temporary fix, not for me and many many others, to describe it as a curse is not helpful and a little scary....any medication has risks if you care to look at the small print..quality of life is very important ..hrt helps many achieve this...again I am glad you are doing well.
Kind Regards to you...

Luna k

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 11:42:41 PM »

Ooh and Welcome Elizabeta  :)

Jari

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2019, 06:46:33 AM »

Hi Luna, I’m glad you are so far doing well and like hrt.

I’m just speaking from my own experience and think it’s ok to share that. Yes it was scary when I couldn’t breathe. Hrt caused that which is in my opinion pretty bad, but great that all your symptoms have got better with it. Everyone is different, but I really hadn’t realised what a powerful drug it is. People should be aware of what they are adding to their bodies, that’s all. X

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 11:33:23 AM by Jari »

sheila99

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 08:34:33 AM »

Hrt isn't the problem, we have a major design fault!  >:( Whoever invented something that works fine for 45 years then at half power for the next 45 should be sacked.

Foxylady

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2019, 09:25:13 AM »

HRT has changed my life completely, I had 3+ years of horrendous symptoms, tried all sort of various lifestyle, supplement, dietry things whilst waiting for a diagnosis. I wouldn't want anyone to go through it & if I knew then what I know now I would have been on HRT years ago, especially given my age (41yrs) and the protective factors of HRT for bone & cardiac health. Everyone has their own opinion in relation to how things have/haven't worked for them, it is very much an individual thing and I don't think HRT should be discounted unless you have made an educated decision about it!! x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2019, 06:00:13 PM »

When I was reluctant to increase my HRT to a full patch despire feeling awful my GP doctor pointed out that research said that drinking alcahol increased risk more than HRT at a moderate dose taken transdermally.
Pages: 1 [2]