Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Not absorbing oral Oestrogen.....apparently!  (Read 509 times)

Sgtvhilts

Not absorbing oral Oestrogen.....apparently!
« on: August 27, 2019, 08:55:18 PM »

Hi all,
I continue with my saga.
Some of you may remember my 100mcg patch ‘accident' while on Femeston sequi. GP was sort of okay with it. Meno clinic went nuts..... not about the Oestrogen dose, but the lack of progesterone. They claim I needed to dump the Femeston, use patches only and utrogestan NOOOooooo- been there.
They claim if I am still having symptoms then I am obviously (LOL) not absorbing the oral Oestrogen and what I was doing was ‘dodgy'
I have thought about this my queries to the wiser are
1) if I not absorbing Oestrogen, how come I absorb the progesterone?
2) If I am not absorbing the Oestrogen, why should it matter if I swallow the Femeston for progesterone purposes and continue with the 100mcg patch.
Meno clinic have never met me and seem just to be reading off the (not so) NICE guidelines.
I would like to take the Femeston and patches and bugg*r medical ‘wisdom'
ANY thought would be gratefully received.

Sgtvhilts

Re: Not absorbing oral Oestrogen.....apparently!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »

:)

Dotty

Re: Not absorbing oral Oestrogen.....apparently!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 03:20:45 PM »

Hi it's possible that there wasn't enough oestrogen in the tablets to stop your symptoms.  Thats why you needed the extra oestrogen in the patch.

2mg tablets did nothing for me.  I need 4 pumps of Oestrogel which is equivalent to 3mg in tablet form.

There probably isn't enough progesterone in the Femsoton for the 100 patch. 

Have you tried Provera?  Or Mirena coil?  (sorry if you've already answered these questions before.)