Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan week 5, nausea, help?  (Read 572 times)

coldlittleheart

Utrogestan week 5, nausea, help?
« on: August 27, 2019, 10:33:51 AM »

I started progynova 2mg and utrogestan 100mg 5 weeks ago. In the past week I have started feeling really rough; headaches, bloating, nausea, extreme fatigue, heartburn, weight gain. Could it be utrogestan causing this? The nausea and fatigue are the worst. It's really interfering with everything at the moment, I also have a chronic condition so this is not making things better for me. If it is caused by utro, is it something that goes away eventually or does it stay that way? I started using it IV rather than orally but still feeling really poorly. I am hoping it will stop at some point, or I will have to go back to GP or just give up on hrt?

I really need some advice on this. thanks

Tc

Re: Utrogestan week 5, nausea, help?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 10:55:17 AM »

Hiya coldlittle.

If you dont get on with utrogestan it doesnt mean you have to give up HRT. There are alternatives.

But it is recommended to try any new regime for 3 months. . It can be that if eastrogen levels are very low there is an imbalance so the side effects of utrogestan are not "countered". As it were. Maybe given a bit more time your eastrogen level will rise and the side effects of the utrogestan will not be as noticeable.

Are you in peri or post meno?

Unfortunately I had to stop continual utrogestan after 3 months because of the side effects you mention  i am now taking it on a cycle. But this does produce a bleed. 

Xxx

coldlittleheart

Re: Utrogestan week 5, nausea, help?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 11:04:11 AM »

Hi Tc

Thank you for your reply. I have tried two different types of HRT - last year. First my GP gave me Kliovance which made me feel better in general, less anxiety, but after about 5-6 weeks, I started shedding loads of hair. So I read up on here that the norethisterone being testosterone derived, it can cause hair loss. I asked my GP if I could try Femoston, but that didn't do anything at all, and my hair kept shedding. I just stopped and gave up for awhile, until about 5 weeks ago where my energy levels were low, my mood was very very low, anxiety through the roof and hot flushes were worse than ever. I wanted to try estrogel plus utro but the doctor I saw decided to give me progynova instead of estrogel. At first he thought that maybe I could have patches but I get a rash from several adhesives, so we decided against that.

I am post-meno, I am not sure what to do. No one told us things would be so complicated  :-\