Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan again !  (Read 663 times)

Luna k

Utrogestan again !
« on: August 26, 2019, 11:20:29 PM »

I have posted here before a few times and everyone is so kind. I am 56 on estrodot 75 and utro 12-26.. felt much better when on the utro phase.. no bleed this month.. which at my age is not unusual..Can I just start taking utro now on the continuous 1-25,3 days break regime? Must be meno brain but I am so confused about  it all,  last period 19th july.. Help!!  Sorry if I have said all this before blame the menopause  ::) :)  Thanks, Luna x

Dotty

Re: Utrogestan again !
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 06:01:58 AM »

Hi if you are going to take Utrogestan continuously then you take 100mg every day without a break.

I think you can change anytime but I'm not exactly sure. There's been a question about this recently xx

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 03:58:42 PM »

Hi Luna K

I'm sure I've answered this already yes! Dw re menobrain.

Thing is when did you last take utrogestan ie last day? If you want to start it continuously (or with the 3 day break) and haven't had a bleed then I'd suggest waiting a week after the last utrogestan dose and then start taking it again with the new regime. If it's something like two weeks since you last took it I would be inclined to wait until after this complete cycle in casre your lining has built up a bit and do the same thing ie take the Utro 200 mg days 15-26. Wait a week ( you might bleed during this time) and then start the new regime ie the utro 100 mg.

Does that make sense? It won't do any harm to start any time as Dotty suggested - you might just get a bit of sporadic bleeding if the lining has built up more?

Good luck!

Hurdity x

Luna k

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 12:23:40 AM »

Thank you Dotty and Hurdity, I value your advice.. its been longer than 2 weeks so I think I will try continuous after this cycles done.
Honestly my brain at the moment  ::) lost my phone the other day, then realised I was walking around looking for it whilst still clutching it in my hand  ;D