Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Coolest pillows they’re out there somewhere  (Read 4029 times)

jelly4toes

Coolest pillows they’re out there somewhere
« on: August 30, 2019, 09:58:51 AM »

Hi ladies . I need a new pillow. I'm sick of forking out for unsuitable pillows that claim to help to keep you cool. The Best Buy so far was the chillow pillow that I got for the dog and swiped it for me but I'm not keen on plastic . I've noticed lots of manufacturers have claims going on now saying how wonderful their expensive pillows are for us . Has anyone hit the jackpot yet?

Armadillo

Re: Coolest pillows they’re out there somewhere
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 10:42:23 AM »

I have a couple of the original chillows from about 8 years ago.. plus some that were on offer on one the shopping TV channels.  I keep them in the fridge and slip them inside a thick pillow case or even cuddle one.

I have loads of friends who buy pet ones as they are cheaper.

Jillm

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 03:19:01 PM »

Hi jelly4toes,

I also have a cool gel pillow which I put in a pillow case and in the fridge all day, great when chilled at bedtime.
Although it does heat up and retain the heat.
I plan on getting another one. Didn't know you could get them for pets😻

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 04:35:07 PM »

Hello jelly4toes and welcome to the forum.

Have you ever considered using a natural wool pillow?  The range of pillows, duvets and mattress covers is expensive and they don't make any special claims for helping with the menopause but wool is excellent at keeping you cool when overheating and warm when you are too cold.

Hope this helps you.

Wishing you well.

K.

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 05:32:57 PM »

I second that Kathleen, 2 years ago went on a shopping spree in the wool room (they regularly have money off deals). Bought matress toppers, pillows, duvets and it certainly made a difference for myself & OH agrees!! x

Gracie65

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 07:29:32 AM »

Also if you can buy at least minimum 200 thread count pillowslips and sheets etc which make a huge difference too. I don't have a duvet anymore just cotton sheets, merino wool blanket and then a throw and I can flip back a layer or two as necessary. Also I got really pretty 100% cotton nightdresses from a company called cottonreal which helps if I get a bit sticky. It is worth the investment if you can x

Foxylady

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 08:15:26 AM »

Primark & M&S also do 100% cotton nighties (I have a collection of both).