Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How would you define spotting??  (Read 526 times)

Mogster71

How would you define spotting??
« on: August 24, 2019, 06:14:55 PM »

Hi ladies

Nearly 48 and peri - I started my first packet of Femoston 2/10 10 days ago, so I have 4 days left of oestrogen left before moving on to prog + oest. This afternoon I have had a bleed - not what I would say is as heavy as a full on period but then again even with normal period that took a day to rev up. Is this what would be termed as spotting?? I've never experienced this before in all my time on the pill in my 20s, nor on my first attempt at HRT which was in June.

Before I started these tablets I hadn't had a natural bleed since around Easter, did one cycle of Novofem but the norothisterone didn't agree with me so I stopped it, bled a full period after that. I tried for a few days again at the end of July with Novofem but it just didn't work for me.

Do you think my body is just correcting itself after getting muddled up? I guess I expected "spotting" to be just that, really...

Anyone around who can shed some light or thoughts on this please?

shrosphirelass

Re: How would you define spotting??
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 06:34:13 PM »

I have had all sorts of bleeding whilst being on HRT this last year. Mainly regular period type (on sequi) but this month for example had 10 days of bleeding, don't know what I'd call it, more than spotting but not like a full blown period. That was on the estrogen bit too, goodness knows why. I'm not worried as recently had an ok pelvic scan. It's probably just your boby getting used to it Mogster and I guess for me my natural declining hormone levels are interplaying with the HRT.

Mogster71

Re: How would you define spotting??
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 06:49:12 PM »

Hi Shropshirelass

Thank you for replying, it took me by surprise a bit as I didn't get it last time. Before I started the tablets I felt like I'd been in my own progesterone phase - bloated, grumpy, etc. so I expect you're right!!

I'm glad your scan was ok  - these hormones like to keep us on our toes eh?