Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: BT answer phone service  (Read 4206 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
BT answer phone service
« on: August 23, 2019, 10:01:20 AM »

Anyone?   A few weeks ago I thought that we had a message pop up late - so I missed it at the time it was meant to arrive.

Yesterday I know that we had a late arrival.  I had a phone call last week telling me that a message had been left on our machine but I knew we hadn't seen it: it was dated 16th and popped up yesterday  :o  >:(

Anyone run this system?

Sparrow

Re: BT answer phone service
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 10:37:12 AM »

Nope.  I have a phone with an Answer Phone function. 

Don't get me started on BT though.  Our new 'High Speed Broadband' is supposed to give us a speed of 28 minimum.  We are like to achieve 10.  BT technician coming tomorrow but my hopes aren't high. >:(

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 01:01:33 PM »

We've had no complaints about BT since we first had a 'phone in 1981.

DH sent an e-mail about the delay in receiving our 1571 messages, 3 since March.  Today a very nice man from India explained that the line had been checked, there had been a fault at the pole which has been rectified.  He phoned and left a message which arrived promptly.  All sorted !

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 03:24:30 PM »

We've had no complaints about BT since we first had a 'phone in 1981.

DH sent an e-mail about the delay in receiving our 1571 messages, 3 since March.  Today a very nice man from India explained that the line had been checked, there had been a fault at the pole which has been rectified.  He phoned and left a message which arrived promptly.  All sorted !

Luckly you.  We are still in limbo as the expected engineer visit was cancelled by BT.  They said that I had I formed them that the fault was fixed. I most certainly did not  >:(. Anyway, have now been been arguing with them ever since and finally had a call from my new very own case worker on Saturday. Apparently we were never actually connected to fibre broadband.  ::) Well blow me down. That's what I have been telling them for two weeks.

Technican finally arriving to do the business tomorrow. Fingers crossed 🤞.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 04:54:31 PM »

One half don't seem to listen to the other then, this is however, the age of technology - but no one seems to talk to anyone else  >:(

Sparrow

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 09:46:58 AM »

Update.

BT have cancelled yet again.  This time though they have given me £25 compensation.

Still have no idea what will happen next. 

BT stands for BLOODY TERRIBLE.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 12:04:09 PM »

Will you accept the £25.00?  We had similar issues with Royal Mail  >:( and the cheques sent recorded delivery never arrived at the person even though RM said it had been signed for  :-\ Can't these Companies realise that they are supposed to be in the 'service industry'  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Sparrow

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 12:30:26 PM »

What me, refuse money  ;D

No it's added automatically to my account.

I've sent two texts asking what is going on. So far no reply.  :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 12:34:21 PM »

It's all about communication then ? A letter to Trading Standards and the CEO of BT?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:27:21 PM by CLKD »

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 01:14:51 PM »

Update.

BT have cancelled yet again.  This time though they have given me £25 compensation.

Still have no idea what will happen next. 

BT stands for BLOODY TERRIBLE.
I am with Virgin. I know that many people aren't keen on them but i haven't had any problems with them for a long time. i feel like switching might be a case of out of the frying pan....
Recently tried to ring a friend who had a BT line. She had added one of the call screening features and i simply couldn't get through.

Sparrow

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 11:35:06 AM »

Openreach engineer final came today, after the previous three being cancelled with no warning.

After all his checks it turns out we have never been on a fiber Connection AND a connection has never been ordered from Openreach by BT.

Amazing.  :o

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 12:27:40 PM »

The next step will be?

Sparrow

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 12:38:57 PM »

Oh I have sent a text.  Have asked for a date when we WILL be connected and also asked for a compensation offer.

Ju Ju

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 12:55:17 PM »

We have to have a land line. We don't have a good mobile signal and it is non existent down the hill in the village. And no we don't live in the wilds of Scotland or Wales, but in the south of England.

We have ok internet connection now, so we weren't tempted to shell out £300 to be connected to virgin when they invaded the village causing chaos a year ago. Glad we didn't as they have hiked up the monthly bill by a lot, so a lot of disgruntled people around.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 02:14:39 PM »

Hi!  We have stuck with BT since God was a Lass  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3