Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Can patch position affect absorption?  (Read 975 times)

shrosphirelass

Can patch position affect absorption?
« on: August 20, 2019, 07:25:59 PM »

May be a strange coincidence, but I have been feeling very rough of late, headaches returned and some tummy issues. I wracked my brain to see if anything was different, and realised that I changed the position of the patch from the cheeks to top of my thigh (because it was hard to get the glue of in that position!). Hope this is what causing the issues. I do feel a bit better again now Ive gone back to the chhek again but could be a coincidence.

Hurdity

Re: Can patch position affect absorption?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 07:59:14 AM »

Yes patch position does affect absoprtion - there have been studies looking into this. After all the skin has different thickness in different parts of the body and different amounts of fat. However it does depend on the individual to some extent. You can test by trial and error. The usual sites are front lower abdomen or butt cheek and absorption between the two can vary. Also depends on the clothes you wear whether you are constantly rubbing past the patch when going to the loo etc (in terms of whether it stays on)!

Hurdity x

linz57

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 08:50:55 AM »

Is absorption generally better on a more fleshy area, rather than a more bony one?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 07:23:40 AM »

Not sure! It's absorbed and stored to some extent in upper layers of skin so maybe better in less bony area ie fleshier I would say? Although - maybe that is more true for gel?  You just need to find a location that suits you and as I said I think the main areas that have been studied are lower front abdomen and butt cheek? Sorry bit vague here and no time to look it all up!

Hurdity x

linz57

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 07:28:57 AM »

I just tend to alternate between cheeks and lower abdomen, plus left and right sides, mainly to hopefully avoid over saturation in one spot. I can't say I've noticed any difference, but on me all those positions are quite fleshy  ;D

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 04:50:49 PM »

I just tend to alternate between cheeks and lower abdomen, plus left and right sides, mainly to hopefully avoid over saturation in one spot. I can't say I've noticed any difference, but on me all those positions are quite fleshy  ;D
I just use it on lower abdomen'switching sides). I tried the butt once  but it didn't stick.

Tracey E

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 04:55:08 PM »

Yes it can, I have a bigger hit if I apply it to my arms rather than my thighs. I also need less Estrogen if I apply it to my arms if that makes sense.