Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How many post menopause women are on Estrogel/Utrogestan?  (Read 4677 times)

Ladybt28

Re: How many post menopause women are on Estrogel/Utrogestan?
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2019, 11:31:37 PM »

Try upping your oestrogen dose callisto - see if it has any effect on the symptoms.  You might feel a bit weird in the first coupleof weeks before it settles.  I mean you can but try,  you can always drop it again. Much of this meno thing is trial and error and learning what your body does and doesn't do x

Callisto

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 06:28:23 AM »

Thank you Ladybt28,
That is what I really want to do and am convinced even an extra half pump a day will make a difference. My issue is if I don't achieve my consultant's blessing and do as they want and go get this blood test ( which I am pretty sure is bound to say I am within  'normal' levels of estrogen  )on board I will run out of oestrogel, my prescription is based on the container lasting a month, if I up my dose then I will run out early so I will be caught out :-\  Gosh I feel like I am doing something illicit just trying to feel well, I haven't even managed to get it on the NHS so it's not like I'm costing the state any money. Feel bloody miserable and have enough difficult exhausting fights to deal with in my life without needing this one which is ongoing.. The fight being 'achieving permission' for supply of something that makes me feel normal, human and female again.  Oop! Rant over!
🐾C

Jari

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2019, 06:38:07 AM »

Hi Jefner

Sorry you are having a bad time on it. It also caused me hideous anxiety, weight gain, breast tissue change, fibroid growth and worst of all very bad breathing problems, to the point I couldn't breathe. I came off it under medical advice, straight away. Luckily all those symptoms started to reduce straight away and completely went.
Please someone do correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I remember the gel causes the lining of the womb to build up. I was prescribed 2 pumps of gel and 7 days of utrogestan which I took orally. The utrogestan, I believe was to encourage the shedding of the womb build up. It also caused a fibroid to grow in womb in my case, which I hope has now gone by coming off hrt.

Jefner, are you also taking drugs for thyroid issues? X

jefner

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2019, 09:33:42 AM »

Hi Jari, how long were you on it before you had to come off and what dosage were you on?  Yes I am on thyroxine

Ladybt28

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2019, 10:58:29 AM »

Hi Jari, for women who have a womb, all oestrogen in hrt whether pills, patches gel etc causes the lining of the womb to build up so its not just the gel...that's how hrt works which is why ladies with a womb need the progesterone component whether peri or post meno.

As with anything some hrt preparations agree with some women and some don't.  So I couldn't take  Evorel of an kind, conti, or sequi, couldn't take Femeston, Premarin and Provera, Tridestra, Elleste duette and solo and PrempackC (now discontinued).  They either didn't work or made me feel ill as you describe.  I was particularly bad on Femeston, Evorel and Provera and yet there are women here who love all of those and they work fine for them.  Why they work differently inside different bodies, no one knows...if they did then most of the ladies would not be on the forum.

To be honest those having problems need huge amounts of patience and resolution to keep trying different preparations until they find what works.  For me it wasn't until oestrogel and vaginal utrogestan that anything worked properly and made me feel well.  Some just give up and suffer when in fact there is something out there which would make them feel well, they just didn't go far enough to find it - that's their choice but for some of us that's not an option either.  My life before my current regime was not worth living and that is no exaggeration just for effect and if I hadn't persisted, I know I wouldn't be writing this post.  I also know that if I hadn't kept trying I would have missed out on what made me feel well.

You chose not to try loads of stuff but you have been lucky in that your symptoms from meno are ok for you to live with without hrt - as I said there are plenty of us for whom that is not an option.  My life started to go really down the pan at 45 and I am now 57.  Between the ages of 52 and 56, it was one long daily nightmare.  I have been on the right regime for me 1 whole year and now I have a life.  Ladies having a difficult time with meno and meno drugs can find the right thing for them, but the key, I think,  is not giving up until you have gone through the prescription book.

Jefner, I think your thyroid issues are playing a part - search the forum for other ladies posts who are using hrt and have thyroid issues for their views and to find out what they are doing. x

Jari

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2019, 05:37:54 PM »

Hi Jefner

I started to get all those side effects within a couple of weeks of taking it and I carried on for 2 months only, but I couldn't have gone any longer as I was literally gasping for each breath. Also I had reduced the dose to the lowest. I started on two pumps a day and only 7 days of utrogestan per month. I reduced to 1/2 a pump on each thigh and still got the side effects.

Ladybt, sorry you had such a long time before you found something that worked for you, but glad you've found a good result in the end. :) x

jefner

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2019, 05:46:23 PM »

Jefner, I think your thyroid issues are playing a part - search the forum for other ladies posts who are using hrt and have thyroid issues for their views and to find out what they are doing. x
[/quote]

My thyroid levels are fine

Ladybt28

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2019, 09:19:41 PM »

They might be fine but I have read other ladies posts which say that the thyroid meds can interact with some hrt meds which is why I suggest that you have a read about what they have to say and the issues they have encountered...I wasn't suggesting there was anything wrong but it is something to do with the bodies uptake of T3 and T4.  I am one of the ladies who does the scientific stuff and read research reports though there are plenty of them on the forum who post the report..but I do read what they write even if I don't understand it all.  I just wondered if you might find some useful information jefner x

jefner

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2019, 10:05:59 PM »

Ladybt...... many thanks but at the moment whatever I read I do not absorb, can hardly string a sentence together at the moment
Pages: 1 2 [3]