Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Shaky feeling inside  (Read 1223 times)

salbo79

• First Flush
Shaky feeling inside
« on: August 21, 2019, 08:38:37 PM »

I'm totally at my wits end, if it not one thing its another  :'(   does anybody fetch feeling inside your body like your trembling/shakey. I cant decide if its hormone related / hrt related or is it a symptom of high blood pressure.....any help or advice would be great....I'm worrying so much, which I know in itself isnt healthy.

Taz2

Re: Shaky feeling inside
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 08:42:16 PM »

Hi salbo. Yes I've had that in the past. I used to feel like I was about to take part in the most terrifying thing I'd ever had to do. I think it must be like an adrenaline increase.

Whereabouts are you meno-wise?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

salbo79

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 08:54:54 PM »

Thank you Taz, Omg that's such a good explanation of the feeling. Well I'm 40, but have been all over the place for about 4-5 years. I've just been put back on hrt patches, I decided to come off them as I was trying to ride the wave with no meds, but dr told me because of my age, I really needed the patches???.....but feel I've gone backwards 🙈

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 12:17:01 AM »

yep the shakes were one of my many symptoms.  I don't think its high blood pressure because that has no outward symptoms as I understand it which makes it a silent killer.  It has to be off the scale with a fever to give you the shakes, but low blood pressure can give you the outward shakes and its not likely to be that because you get dizzy with low blood pressure.

Sounds like peri to me salbo79.  Hrt protects bone health and heart health and slows any predisposition to osteoperosis so that's probably why gp said go onto the patches.  how long since they were prescribed?

Mogster71

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 04:36:42 AM »

Hi Salbo

I know exactly what you're talking about - this happened to me when I tried my first lot of HRT tablets (Novofem) but only on the progesterone phase. I likened it to standing on the ledge ready to do a bungee jump, or feeling like I'd had about 100 coffees and was whizzing a bit!! Awful feeling, and the reason I stopped taking it. Norethisterone did not agree with me. The worrying about it made me feel worse and actually caused a blip in my (naturally very low) blood pressure - I panicked so much worrying about this exact thing.

I have low blood pressure naturally, and that is a different kind of shaky/light headed feeling, I believe with high blood pressure you can get headaches but if you're worried about that you should get it checked. I also have a BP monitor at home, they cost under £20 from a pharmacy or Amazon or somewhere.

Hope you feel better x

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 05:41:52 AM »

Hi yes I got this shaky feeling inside. It was horrible. It was caused by low oestrogen and went once the hrt started working. X