Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy bleeding. Anyone help  (Read 813 times)

jayneaddo

Hysteroscopy bleeding. Anyone help
« on: August 21, 2019, 07:04:20 AM »

Hi

I had a hysteroscopy a wwwk ago and didn't have much bleeding immediately after but the next day started spotting and now a week later passing quite big clots

Any advice?

Uniquorn

Re: Hysteroscopy bleeding. Anyone help
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 07:15:56 AM »

Hi, I have had two Hysterosocopies. One I bled quite a lot afterwards because I had a procedure done that left a wound in my womb, so it was like the bleed you have after giving birth. The other, I just had spotting. I would be inclined to call your Gynaecologist, due to the clots and it's a week post procedure. Are you in pain?

jayneaddo

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 07:49:17 AM »

I have tummy pain that comes and goes a bit period like ( as I remember them lol). Will ring the department today.

I have had 3 previously but didn't bleed like this either.

Two hoots

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 08:22:57 AM »

I bled for a week with clots passed towards the end, after the clots started I thought this is either a bad sign or a good one, it was good because the bleeding stopped soon after.  If you are worried get in touch with the department.

jayneaddo

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 07:42:12 PM »

Well I rang the department at the hospital who said go to GP and rang GP who said go to hospital. Eventually got referred by Dr and went to Emergency Gynae clinic who were excellent.

Now have pain relief and tranexamic acid and if no better by Tuesday to go back.

Relieved all feels normal but do wonder what is going on.

Hopefully all calms down in next few days

Thanks for replies
Jayne

Uniquorn

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 08:06:32 PM »

Hope it settles soon Jayne, you definitely did the right thing today x

jayneaddo

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 07:09:28 AM »

Hi all

Well been taking medication for two days now and bleeding even heavier. Starting to get worried as transxemaic acid is supposed to stop bleeding.

Anyone else have these problems?

Jari

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 07:28:43 AM »

Hi Jayne, I don't know much about Hysteroscopy's but a friend is booked to have one in a couple of weeks, so I'm interested to know more about it.

I would say if you feel something is not right and they didn't tell you to expect this bleeding, then I think you should call your consultant/doctor and explain your concerns and I'm sure they'll put your mind at rest or advise the best steps..

Take care, x