Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice on utrogestan dose please..  (Read 951 times)

Luna k

Advice on utrogestan dose please..
« on: August 21, 2019, 12:48:09 AM »

Hello All,
Hoping for a bit of advice on changing doses of utrogestan ...
I am 56, been on hrt for a few years ( evorel sequi ).. recently changed to estrodot 75/ utro 200mg 12 days.. the utro has been great for me ,a few tummy issues but on the whole I feel a lot more like me...I am thinking I don't want a bleed now, so my question is can I just start taking 100mg every night ? Finished this lot of utro on the 13th, its all so confusing this hrt lark  ::) So grateful for any help. Thanks in advance.. I love this forum  :)

Ladybt28

Re: Advice on utrogestan dose please..
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 01:06:39 PM »

Hey LunaK - I love this forum too.
I don't see why not, but I would say you may get breakthrough bleeding whilst everything settles.  Sometimes it is not easy to balance a continuous regime.x

Luna k

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:22:25 PM »

Ladybt28
Thanks so much for your reply, I may give it a go then. I can always go back to the 12 day regime...  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 07:56:23 AM »

The advice I think is to finish a cycle ( ie oestrogen only, then oestrogen + prog) then wait for your bleed and start the continuous combined (ie the prog) immediately following the main part of the bleed so that the endometrium is at its thinnest. This will ensure the lining from that cycle comes away all at once and easily, I understand.

Hurdity x

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »

oops sorry if I was wrong Luna ..Hurdity is the one to listen to, she's good with dates and stuff!  :)x

Luna k

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 10:16:22 PM »

Well thanks again ladybt28 and Hurdity very grateful for the replies. This is my 3rd month on the estrodot75/Utro regime.. took my last utro on the13th still no bleed yet... thinking maybe my womb lining is thin.. I really have no clue as to when to start the continuos tho'.. My gp mentioned the mirena, then when I said how about continous utro said she didnt want me taking progesterone all the time ! Funny that 🙄..so I am going'rogue' so to speak  doing it alone to see how I go..  :) I feel great on the utro and I know I am in the minority there.. This forum and you ladies are a lifeline as I have no one else to ask.. enough rambling ,sorry, huge thanks x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 07:48:49 AM »

Hi Ladybt - not wrong but just better to wait until after bleed I have read, and before lining starts building again although the actual instructions about changing seem to vary from product to product. Some say just start the conti after the end of a complete cycle (ie after you've finished the prog part). Others say you can have a hormone free break of 7 days then start....so - the earliest to start is after you have finished a complete cycle ie finish the utro....

In your position lunak as you've had no withdrawal bleed so far, if you are still taking the course of utro (sounds like you're due to finish in a couple of days?) then I would suggest just drop to 100 mg at the end of the normal cycle of 200 mg and carry on. You may or may not get a withdrawal bleed once you;ve decreased the prog? Good luck!

Hurdity x