Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen  (Read 574 times)

Callisto

Oestrogen
« on: August 19, 2019, 09:13:40 PM »

Hi there, does anyone know if whilst we take HRT can we achieve similar oestrogen levels in our body as pre-menopaurse? If you have the optimum dose and you get the recommended blood estrodial results ? Probably the answer is mainly no and depends on many things.
Also I thought that it was the progesterone that was potentially harmful not the oestrogen therefore why should one remain on a lowest dose of  oestrogen?

Apologies if this is a ridiculous question but I am dizzy screw loose skewed and nutty having not slept for days on end ???
🐾C
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 10:19:06 PM by Callisto »

Dotty

Re: Oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 06:33:24 AM »

https://www.menopausedoctor.co.uk/

Have a look at Dr Newson's website and listen to her videos. You should find all the answers there. X

Ladybt28

Re: Oestrogen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 12:01:42 AM »

Some of us can't control or get rid of our symptoms on the lowest dose of oestrogen and I don't think we ever get back to the levels our own body produced.  Funny thing is...each one of us produced a different level which were probably never taken in bloods during our fertile years (why would there be a reason to check unless you had fertility or endocrine issues) so we will never know Callisto what the right level for us should be.
The doctors who use blood levels go on "normal ranges" but what was normal for me wouldn't be normal for you.
...and by the way no question is ridiculous here  :) and we are all pretty nutty  ;D