Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HELP! New to HRT  (Read 449 times)

JJ1861

HELP! New to HRT
« on: August 20, 2019, 01:48:52 PM »

Hi, I'm 58 and so far have pushed through without HRT ever hopeful one day the end would be in sight. However lots of stressful things have happened and are on going since the beginning of the year and all the hot flushes etc are still going strong. I visited my GP last week who suggested I would be a perfect candidate for HRT. I'm a bit concerned with my age whether I should try it and whether I will see any benefits or just keep going. I was prescribed Femserve Conti, which has proved unavailable and now have been prescribe Evorel Conti as an alternative. I mentioned to my GP that I have suffered a lot of hair loss and thinning and so wouldn't want anything that might contribute to that but I've read one of the side effects of Evorel Conti is hair loss! This seems complete minefield to a newbie like me I would be grateful for any advice and indeed whether I should go ahead or not.😀

wuzzie

Re: HELP! New to HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 02:01:37 PM »

I have definitely noticed hair loss but whether this is age or because I'm on HRT I just don't know but my hair is a lot thinner than it used to be.  If you're having hot flushes presumably these keep you awake and my experience of HRT is that is sorts out the hot flushes quite quickly.  However, many women experience side effects on HRT and you just have to find one that works for you.  Be interested to hear what others on here think about hair loss........

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 02:24:44 PM »

Hi JJ1861
 :welcomemm:
I was on everol patches a couple years ago, and noticed my hair on one side had thinned out.
I stopped them due to migraines, and went onto Femoston Conti tablets....I havnt noticed it getting any worse, in fact I'm growing my hair now, and it doesn't  look so bad... maybe I stopped the everol before it got too bad...who knows, but the Femoston Conti worked out better for me in every way.

Jd xx
Ps/ if your symptoms aren't too bad, and your coping well with menopause, I'd think twice before starting it...but only you can decide that...x
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 02:27:59 PM by jillydoll »

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 03:20:59 PM »

jillydoll. my daughter was also given Evoral Conti,when she couldn't get her femseven conti,her hair started falling out too,within 2 weeks
She is on femosten now, but not doing much good for her hot flushes, but she is on an ultra low dose as she has fibroids,
She will give them time though but the femseven did suit her
It is a terrible situation isn't it