Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Joint pain  (Read 1989 times)

squeaker99

Joint pain
« on: November 01, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »

This Peri is cruel. One thing stops and another thing starts.

Anyone had joint pain? Both my inner elbow areas are very sore when I flex them or lift pans/heavy trays.
I thought it was because I went kayaking but that was 3 months ago and it's no better.

Also same in one of my knee joints recently.

I do a lot of lifting with the B & B and jun every day. Maybe this is ' wear and tear' .

I just can't go back to the GPs - I feel like I am there all the time and they just look at me and say health anxiety, have you tried ADs!

Joaniepat

Re: Joint pain
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 10:01:14 AM »

Yes, I had plenty of that before I got my oestrogen level up, but largely OK now. What is your oestrogen level like?

JP x

Sparrow

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 10:53:30 AM »

I definitely think that you need to do more gentle exercise, in peri and post meno.  Things like swimming, walking and Tai chi, seem to cause less inflammation but still benefit.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:44:34 PM by Shadyglade »

AgathaC

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 02:44:36 PM »

Feet, hands, fingers and thumbs and hips are my (literal) sore points (joints) x
I haven't had any Vitamin for a bit, so I should probably start that again x

squeaker99

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 03:15:23 PM »

I stopped taking a strong MuiltiVit whilst I was on holiday (3 weeks ago) so have just started again today.

Am also going to try ' Golden Tea' (Turmeric tea) as several of our Asian guests have mentioned it is good for
inflamation. Will report back.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 11:36:21 PM »

I hate to say it but I think you should see the gp. Joints can be damaged and you really don't want to do anything to make them worse. Only other thing I can suggest is to stop doing anything that puts pressure on your joints for a month and see if there's any improvement.

Dierdre

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 08:42:00 AM »

My joints have been playing up these last few weeks, nothing to do with meno, just the cold damp weather here, im ok in the summer.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 08:43:58 AM »

I thought that I had answered similar yesterday  :-\

As oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains. Also the body may dry out: inside and out; skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, vagina  :o, scalp

Over the counter pain relief prior to exercise should help.  Listen to your body, if it hurts, back off.