Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti patches..falling off!  (Read 2391 times)

DebbieC

Evorel Conti patches..falling off!
« on: August 18, 2019, 04:28:11 PM »

My GP has at long last given me HRT and felt quietly confident. But..I hope it's not just me but the longest one patch stayed on was 2 days, and that was with a waterproof plaster over it. Trying different areas - last night before bed tried another patch, woke up and was scrunched up a bit, I had to go out quickly so no chance of a shower, as I got undressed there was the patch on the floor!  What on earth do I do  HELP!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evorel Conti patches..falling off!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 04:43:27 PM »

Put the product name into the search box - there are several threads about patches not sticking.  As well as ideas as to how to keep them in place.

Sparkler

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 06:35:36 PM »

Hi there

No shower gel, no moisturiser and definitely don't touch or move the patch once stuck - you can get one half to stick then kind of fold it back to remove the foil from the other half.

Good luck with them. For me they only fall off if I do any of the ‘do nots' listed above.

S
X

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »

Hi there

No shower gel, no moisturiser and definitely don't touch or move the patch once stuck - you can get one half to stick then kind of fold it back to remove the foil from the other half.

Good luck with them. For me they only fall off if I do any of the ‘do nots' listed above.

S
X
I haven't had any problem with shower gel. They stick fine on my hip.

linz57

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 06:54:16 PM »

I've had no problem with shower gel either but I do make sure the area I'm applying my patch to is bone dry. I never apply just before or after a shower and never moisturise the area. I've alternated between bum cheeks and lower abdomen and they've always stuck pretty well. Everyone's skin is different though so maybe they don't stick for all. One more thing, have you tried holding your warm hand over the patch for a minute when you apply it?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 06:56:20 PM by linz57 »

jaycee

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 08:08:57 AM »

I am very surprised your patch didn't stick, when i was using Evoral Conti, i couldn't get the thing off, but left with a black square which was very hard to get off

Rosebush

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 09:51:59 AM »

I use front of hip just coming round onto my tummy, just alternate from side to side with each patch, like jaycee I find it hard to pull the patch off, and I then have to use cotton wool & face wash to remove the sticky residue  ???  x

linz57

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 10:33:24 AM »

Yes, I've found them really difficult to pull off, more so than the FemSeven patches.
DebbieC, I wonder if you've been unfortunate enough to get a duff batch? It makes you wonder.🤔

Foxylady

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 07:53:27 PM »

I have never had an issue with the patches coming off and that's using dermol 500 has a wash! I don't moisturise otherwise.