Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Persistent low grade fever  (Read 1474 times)

PMB63

Persistent low grade fever
« on: August 18, 2019, 09:48:11 AM »

Good Morning everybody. I've been on Estrogel (3pumps) and Utrogestan (100mg orally every day) for around 3 months now. I've noticed for a few weeks now that I have a persistent low grade fever (38.2) every day and was wondering if that could be caused by the Utrogestan. Also feeling generally more grumpy and short tempered. I'm 56 and trialled various HRT regimes in the past.  Has anybody else experienced this on the Utrogestan?  I stopped Femoston Conti because of itching and Evorel Patches caused intermittent bleeding. Dr Currie suggested that I trial the Gel and Utrogestan but I'm feeling at a bit of a loss now what to do next.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 😊 x x

sheila99

Re: Persistent low grade fever
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 12:12:56 PM »

I don't know about your symptoms but I get tired on it. Perhaps use it on a sequi regime for a couple of months? That way you'll know if you feel worse on utro.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 04:22:33 PM »

It could possibly be hormones.

When I was given the oestrogen suppressant Tamoxifen 36 hours after the first pill I had 'flu like symptoms.  I also had cold flushes from the back of my neck down to my waist.

Do you feel ill with it?  I think body temperature raises with hormones , in the back of my mind ladies trying for a baby have to take a morning temperature? ? ovulation ?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 06:07:11 PM »

Hi PMB63. I had persistent low-grade fever which was caused by an undiagnosed UTI. I had no other symptoms so it may be worth asking your surgery to do a dip test for you. Mine does this without a GP appointment then you are contacted if infection is found. UTIs can lurk for a while before making you quite poorly as they can travel further up the urinary tract.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 06:15:11 PM »

I'd go one further - get a urine sample sent to a Lab.. 

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 09:00:06 PM »

You need to have the urine dipped first at my surgery then if there is an infection you are asked to provide a further sample in a sterile bottle which is sent to the lab.

Taz x

PMB63

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 10:03:07 AM »

Thank you everybody for your replies. I've phoned the surgery and can bring in a sample tomorrow morning. If I wanted to trial taking the Utrogestan sequential, how much would I need and for how many days per month?  I'm currently taking 3 pumps a day of the estrogel.  Thank you again for your advice ladies. PMB xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 10:41:17 AM »

I insist that my samples are sent directly to a Lab. as per my GP's instructions as dip sticks don't show much, usually blood or proteins  ::).  That way, there is avoidance of un-necessary ABs  ;)

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 11:36:21 AM »

I was prescribed 200mg utro for 12 days (15-26) and am on 3 pumps gel. Might be worth trying vaginally.

PMB63

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 03:15:41 PM »

Thank you for that Sheila 99. I think I will give that a try.  Do I just insert the 2x100 mg tablets at night vaginally?  I just want to be clear that they are the same as the ones I take orally.  PMB xx

sheila99

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 06:05:25 PM »

Yes, just push them up as far as you can.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 07:53:06 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

PMB63

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 10:25:34 PM »

Thank you ladies. I'm very grateful for all your comments and helpful advice. PMB xx