Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: At the end of my tether!  (Read 2051 times)

thegregs52

At the end of my tether!
« on: August 14, 2019, 09:57:38 AM »

I have been on Evorel Conti patches now since April and haven't had a bleed since January.  I seemed to be doing okay but in the last month or so my body feels like its falling apart.  My itchy skin has come back when I get out of the shower which is so debilitating at times, my shoulders are so tight that I have to see an Osteopath fortnightly for acupuncture and massages and now I've developed plantar fasciitis which is so painful that I am obviously not walking right that its now caused my knee to swell!  To top it all off my weight is just going up and up!

I seriously just want to cry!  I have seriously had enough.  Any suggestions will be more than welcome  :'(

Dotty

Re: At the end of my tether!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 11:23:58 AM »

It sounds like you need more oestrogen x

linz57

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 12:07:03 PM »

I'm into my third month of Evorel Conti now and am also finding my joint and muscle pains returning, along with some anxiety. I though I was doing ok until the past couple of weeks  so maybe you and I are not absorbing the hormones from this patch very well.
I was previously on FemSeven Conti (  which was the same strength as Evorel Conti) and had no problems with it.
It does sound like you and I could do with more estrogen but the conti patches are only available in one strength. I'm debating adding an extra quarter of a patch to see if that helps things.
You could try a higher dose estrogen patch and separate progesterone and see if that helps any.

Rosebush

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:17:43 PM »

Hi Ladies, I too used Femseven with no probs, but now on Everol ( if I can get any this week) and skin on back is very itchy drives me made, I have back pain and knee pain more evident since using Everol, also night sweats are more frequent and intense, however still hoping to get Everol patches as they do help with day sweats, but with stock running out, I am in a panic as what to do, so really hoping Femseven do become available again, and before end of year. :'( xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 12:19:10 PM »

:bighug:

Tracey E

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 12:57:06 PM »

I was fine on Femseven,  Evorel conti caused palpitations and chronic acid reflux. When will we get our Femseven back? :'(

roseandthorn

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 04:33:06 PM »

I believe not until some time in 2020. I'm still so cross with Theramex. I think I mentioned on another thread that I felt terrible on Everol Conti too, then worse on utrogestan and an oestrogen patch and now am just about coping on Femoston conti but terrified even that will disappear from supply.

Alicess

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 05:05:28 PM »

It could be the difference in progestins. Evorel conti contains Norethisterone while Femseven contains Levonorgestrel. A different progestin can have a great impact.

There is a reliable pharmacy in New Zealand with a branch or depot in the UK. They sell Femoston conti (dydrogesterone). You can pm me as it is not allowed to say the name out loud on this forum :-)

Alicess

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 05:22:48 PM »

The New Zealand pharmacy also sells Evorel conti.

thegregs52

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 09:31:08 AM »

Thank you so much ladies!  You have no idea how relieved this has made me feel, I thought I was just falling apart!  :)

I am due to see the gynecologist again on the 3rd September so I will definitely be speaking to him about the possible lack of estrogen and see what alternatives he can come up with.

thegregs52

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 09:50:21 AM »

Well I've been back to the gynecologist and he has suggested I try the combined tablet instead but I did try Femoston before and had terrible bloating but I definitely would like to try the FemSeven Conti patches but are these hard to get hold of?  My chemist are struggling to get hold of Evorel Conti as well at the moment!

linz57

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »

Thank you so much ladies!  You have no idea how relieved this has made me feel, I thought I was just falling apart!  :)

I am due to see the gynecologist again on the 3rd September so I will definitely be speaking to him about the possible lack of estrogen and see what alternatives he can come up with.

Hi, I was just wondering what alternative your gynaecologist suggested and whether it's helped you.
I've now been on Evorel Conti for five months and my joint pains are back to what they were before I ever started hrt five years ago.
It's strange because it controls my VA, sweats and insomnia but I'm in agony with knee, hip, neck, shoulder, lower back and foot pain. I just don't know why this is.