Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Moving from Utrogestan cyclical to continous  (Read 668 times)

montyzooma7

Moving from Utrogestan cyclical to continous
« on: August 14, 2019, 09:16:45 AM »

Hi, I moved on to continuous Utro in June this year having been on the cyclical basis (initially only 7 x 100 mg due to intolerance for 6 months, increasing to 10/12 a month for 2 yearsd before moving to continuous in June as recommended by GP as likely to be menopausal at 55.  I want to have a scan as have had fortnightly bleeds since going on to continuous Utrog and have been to see my GP this morning.  She indicated it was a 5 week wait for a scan so I enquired with my private Menopause Doc about the cost of having a scan through her clinic.  The reason for my post is that the lady I was speaking to (who was quick to say she was not medically trained) has worried me because she suggested,  although it was common for Utrogestan conti users to suffer erratic bleeding in the first 3 months of use, this wasn't the case for those who had been on it sequentially before moving to a continuous regime.

I'd appreciate any thoughts from the fabulous contributors to this website.  Thanks in advance x

Dotty

Re: Moving from Utrogestan cyclical to continous
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 09:18:14 AM »

Hi if your body isn't ready for a contunuous regime then you will continue to bleed xx

montyzooma7

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 09:26:37 AM »

Hi Dotty

Thanks.  Presumably it was assumed as I was 55 my body was ready for the continuous dose?  xx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 10:11:24 AM »

Hi Yes i agree....the assumption would be that at 55 you are ready for continuous, but it's not always the case unfortunately. x