Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utro vaginally - how does it work?  (Read 2354 times)

Ladybt28

Re: Utro vaginally - how does it work?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 11:11:00 PM »

Sorry Pricey I have only just seen your post.

It depends how you are supposed to be taking the Utrogestan (1) continuously or (2) on a cycle.  If on a cycle (2) then it is for 12 day from day 15 to 26. I have no idea why your label says 14 to 28!

Ref sex you must leave at least 1 hour before sex.  It might irritate your partner, depends, just like any of use, if he is sensitive to it, until you tried you wouldn't know.  I either put it in after if sex is at night or don't have sex!  We are not very spontaneous now  ;D  The shell dissolves, I find I get a bit of a white discharge in the morning. x

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 08:18:56 AM »

pricey - spotting is normal when you first start HRT and also depends what your natural cycle is doing. If you continue to spot or bleed only at the wrong time ( ie mid cycle rather than at or after the end of the prog phase) then you might need to tweak the cycle dates?  Re utro and sex - I always ( ::) ) insert it afterwards if the act occurs at a time when I'm on the Utro (which is rare  ;) ). So no spontaneity as Ladybt during that part of the cycle!

Hurdity x

pricey

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 08:46:45 AM »

Thank you Ladybt and Hurdity! As I have been bleeding on and off for weeks I'm not in a hurry to start the utrogestan,  having no fears my lining is too thick! I might aim for an 8 day course this round and see what happens :) I do feel better on the Oestrogel.  I don't think I was absorbing the Evorel well. The only issue being my GP only wants to prescribe one month's supply at a time. I think I got my feelings across to the receptionist yesterday,  but why must we have these battles all the time?

X :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 01:56:53 PM »

Just to say that bleeding does not necessarily indicate that your endometrium is not thick - it can be a sign of just that so if your bleeding persists and is unexplained  (ie as the regular withdrawal bleed from the HRT) or heavy or you are concerned please do consult your doc to get it checked out. Bleeding on and off for weeks doesn't sound too good. Perosnally I would have a good course of Utrogestan and then see what sort of bleed you get when you stop and take it from there. If you can manage 10 days then this would be better.

Hurdity x

Poppy78

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 05:17:03 PM »

I've been using Utrogestan 100mg continuous vaginally for a month and a half now after using it for a month orally for 12 days (terrible IBS and like a zombie) and one month vaginally 12 days (like a zombie). Using it every day has stopped the exhaustion but I've spotted every day, sometimes quite a lot. Consultant appointment isn't till Feb20 so just wondering if the spotting stops eventually as need to change my panty liner twice a day?
Seeing GP on Friday as need to up my Vagifem and wonder if I should move to Mirena coil instead?
Any ideas?

pricey

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 06:19:06 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. GP isn't concerned. I had womb scanned a few months ago and all was well, but have chopped and changed a few times the past year  Femeston conti for 6 months seemed to really send me haywire   Elleste Duet controlled my bleeds beautifully but I felt rotten  I think no other progesterone has controlled my own cycle yet. Would you advise 10 days of utrogestan? I haven't started it yet. Day 16 today.

Thank you!
X

pricey

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 08:39:19 PM »

So, another query ... on day 16 of Oestrogel.  Having bled so much in recent months and finally bleed free, I'm aware i should now have started the utrogestan but I feel pretty good and have a job interview on Monday that I've literally been preparing for for months.  As I am working all weekend snd don't know how utrogestan will suit me,  is it safe, this once, to delay the start of the utrogestan to day 20 or 21?

Thanks for your help, ladies.

X

Thanks Hurdity. GP isn't concerned. I had womb scanned a few months ago and all was well, but have chopped and changed a few times the past year  Femeston conti for 6 months seemed to really send me haywire   Elleste Duet controlled my bleeds beautifully but I felt rotten  I think no other progesterone has controlled my own cycle yet. Would you advise 10 days of utrogestan? I haven't started it yet. Day 16 today.

Thank you!
X

Ladybt28

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 11:10:12 PM »

I think it safe to delay Pricey.  I don't normally post this because it can confuse some ladies who are just starting out or are not yet settled into their regime or really haven't had to play around much but...
My body doesn't like much progesterone so there are some consultants that recommend "stretching out a cycle".  My consultant didn't suggest it but there are plenty of ladies who do it on the forum.  I extend my cycle to 21 days of oestrogel and then start my utrogestan for 12 days.  It means that I am not on the Utrogestan as often as a normal cycle. You can put the words "longer cycle" or something like it into the search bar if you want to check it out. I know Hurdity wont mind me saying she does a longer cycle too. (send me a slap Hurdity if you think I overstepped?? :-X)xx
It is perfectly safe to do this and especially if it is only once or twice when starting out because of an event, or special occasion or holiday. 
You will be fine..hope the interview goes well - good luck

juliemargaret

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 07:26:51 PM »

Ladybt28  - hi. Read priceys post with and saw yr comments...makes me feel a bit better about having been on just gel for nearly 3 weeks (while i wait for my period to come so i can start a sequi..and try tie it all in..or try at least!). Im still waiting and was due around the 1st havent had a bleed now for few weeks. - can i just ask as wondered.....does none bleeds mean lining of womb could be thickening (as opposed to bleeds and shedding = none tbickening and ok) or no?  Apols if a silly question but im honestly not sure. X
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:00:30 PM by Jmargaret »
Pages: 1 [2]