Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel & Histermine Questions  (Read 1108 times)

Bobidy

Oestrogel & Histermine Questions
« on: August 11, 2019, 08:20:34 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm back from my hysterectomy and recovering really well. For me it was the best decision ever and I'm reaping the benefits!

I kept my ovaries and am still in lovely perimenopause (age 45). I started oestrogel at the end of May and I'm currently on 2 pumps. I have noticed subtle improvements with mood, sleep, no night loo visits, easier joints and moisturised nethers.

I still have muscle stiffness, shortness of breath, stinging nettle type hand pains with raised veins, and hot feet in bed. I also get numb hands in bed at night if I rest them straight down, does anybody else get this? Any thoughts welcomed.

I'm due to see Dr Newson soon but have a few questions for you lovely lot in the meantime please:

- would you recommend upping to 2.5 pumps then gradually 3 pumps?
- can this be as 1.5 per each inner thigh in the morning rather than splitting am and pm?
- do I need a gp letter to fly with Oestrogel in hand luggage or is the repeat prescription slip enough?
- is it ok to have thighs exposed in the sun after application of gel?
- can suncream be applied on top of Oestrogel?
- does anybody up and down Oestrogel dose according to symptoms throughout the month. Dr Newson said it was ok to do this but I wondered if a consistant dose would be better? I still feel crapper before my period would have been due for about 7 days.

I've been reading with interest your posts on allergies and had a bit of a lightbulb moment. I've started to get a bit itchy (not nethers), my nose is usually congested, I get breathless and a bit acidy stomach.

I've done a bit of research and in peri/meno our histermine hormone levels can go out of whack with allergies and inflammation. This causes the itching, stingy sensation and vasodilation (raised veins).

Also in Liz Earle's book she says about stomach acid increasing during peri/meno.

As ever, I'm hoping the hrt will knock some of this on the head eventually!

I hope you are all keeping well. Thanks in advance for your help x

Foxylady

Re: Oestrogel & Histermine Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 09:23:42 AM »

Hi Bobidy, I'm pleased you are feeling the benefits of your hysterectomy & are recovering well. I can't comment on any of your questions re Oestrogel, hopefully someone else will answer these for you. In relation to allergies & inflammation I have def suffered from alot of those symptoms which is in part why I ended up being referred to Immunology (menopause initially discounted by GP 3 yrs ago based on my bloods, which I now know is WRONG!!). I had constant, intense itch for years before, tried various shower products etc, had various skin rashes also hay fever/sinusitis type symptoms (hadn't had hay fever since childhood - bang hit me like a train). Lots of aches & pains, IBS & reflux. I wish I had been armed with all the information I have gathered from here when I first went to the GP and I wouldn't have had all the wasted years, horrendous symptoms & generally miserable time before finally peri diagnosis. I was on high dose antihistamines, following a semi low histamine diet etc at one point, knocked it all on the head although taking prescribed antihistamine tablet, nasal spray & eye drops now (since late spring) otherwise generally feeling much better, skin problems/itch all resolved on HRT. I hope you find an improvement in your symptoms as your body gets used to the oestrogel. Have you a nice holiday arranged that you are asking about suncream etc? x

Pumpkin55

Re: Oestrogel & Histermine Questions
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 05:04:31 PM »

@Foxylady I’m having terrible allergies - not on HRT. I just wondered, are you taking antihistamines alongside HRT? What antihistamines are you taking? Many thanks, I’m at my wits end with bad rash around eyes