Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Delaying Bleed for holiday  (Read 394 times)

mairired

Delaying Bleed for holiday
« on: August 11, 2019, 12:29:47 PM »

HI all,

i am hoping someone can advise or speak from personal experience. I am currently on Everol Sequi, 2 weeks oestrogen and 2 weeks combined, on the 4th week i have a bleed.
I am going on a really special holiday in Sept, 2 weeks in Bali, first week is a yoga retreat and the second a week at the beach. Just realised the timing of my patches means i am due to have a bleed at the start of my beach holiday week....nightmare !!!!!

I have some extra Oestrogen patches, if i were to just carry on with these for the whole time or even 3 weeks instead of 2 might this delay the bleed till i am home.

I am having a Mirena coil fitted in Oct so it will just be a one off, but i really really dont want to deal with a bleed during the holiday, even if i wanted to use tampons my vagina refuses to have anything to do with them   ::)

Help !!

thank you

sheila99

Re: Delaying Bleed for holiday
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 01:53:14 PM »

That's what I would do but if you're still in peri and your own cycle kicks in you may bleed anyway. I tried to do the same thing (on gel) but my body decided otherwise!  >:(

mairired

Re: Delaying Bleed for holiday
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 02:16:20 PM »

Thanks shelia99....its worth a try...before i started hrt 6 months ago id only had about 3 periods in the whole year, so hopefully it will work, but i'm a bit confused now because i read somewhere that it was the withdrawal of the progesterone that caused the bleed, most people get it at the start of the next round of Oestrogen but i get mine in the last week of combined...will be well miffed but unsurprised, this whole peri thing is a complete pain in the butt  >:(