Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36

Author Topic: HRT supply issues update on all Products see link  (Read 80670 times)

Goosieloosie

Re: HRT supply issues update on all Products see link
« Reply #510 on: February 14, 2020, 11:38:53 AM »

Thank you Hurdity, that's actually really helpful to know the sizes! I've just rang my chemist this morning & they've been told by their supplier that Estradot is NOT expected in stock anytime soon so I really now need to make a decision about which alternative to go for. I will have to ring my GP & ask them to prescribe another, do you think they would give me Elleste solo 80 & cut it down to 40? They may think this is wasteful & refuse  :-\ I'm worried that Elleste 40 will not be enough as I've been using Estradot 50 for 4 yrs, we have a busy year coming up with various occasions & it's not the right time for me to begin experimenting, I'm nice & settled on the Estradot 50 :'( Any advice appreciated

Hurdity

« Reply #511 on: February 19, 2020, 08:46:00 AM »

Sorry Goosieloosie I missed this. If you were going to try 40 mcg and they are available you could try these , or maybe you mean 80 cut down to 50 ? You can always keep the pieces as they are easy to cut and peel off...I am saving all my 20 mcg bits! Actually I think I get more oestrogen from the Elleste than I did from estradot although I prefer the tiny ones. Maybe the same for you? Hope you manage to sort it!

Hurdity x

Goosieloosie

« Reply #512 on: February 19, 2020, 10:13:12 AM »

Sorry Goosieloosie I missed this. If you were going to try 40 mcg and they are available you could try these , or maybe you mean 80 cut down to 50 ? You can always keep the pieces as they are easy to cut and peel off...I am saving all my 20 mcg bits! Actually I think I get more oestrogen from the Elleste than I did from estradot although I prefer the tiny ones. Maybe the same for you? Hope you manage to sort it!

Hurdity x

Hello there Hurdity, I actually meant to cut down the 80 to 50 if my Dr would prescribe this size! I was worried she might not agree thinking it's a waste of money. However, since reading on here a few days ago that Evorel 50 was back in stock last Friday 14th I got straight onto my chemist to see if they could get hold of them, when they said they could I jumped straight on the phone to my GP & got the prescription changed to Evorel 50 for 3 month's! So far the chemist has only one box but they said they were expecting more deliveries today, so let's cross fingers  ;). When I first began my HRT journey 4 & half years ago I began with Evorel conti  so I'm guessing size wise they'll be very similar. Let's hope this shortage for all patches comes to an end very soon, it's added stress that we just don't need. Even ringing back & forth to chemists & dr's surgery I have found stressful & like I'm being a nuisance :(

flossie fiddler

« Reply #513 on: February 24, 2020, 09:51:33 AM »

I managed to get 6 months supply of Evorel Sequi from Oxford Pharmacies back in October after struggling to get my prescription locally. Just sent my script off and they sent the patches back in 2 days. Thing is, by then I'd been without for a week and decided to see if I could stay off. So far so good, apart from the VA.

I feel a bit guilty that I have 6 months supply that I don't need when others are struggling to get hold of them. Would I be able to return them to a pharmacy locally? If so would they be able to reissue them to someone who needs them? Or would they just destroy them?

Hurdity

« Reply #514 on: February 24, 2020, 06:09:58 PM »

Hi Flossie Fiddler

Like you say, they shouldn't be issuing 6 months at a time anyway with all the shortages but too late now! Unfortunately you won't be able to return them as I think they are destroyed. That's what my local pharmacy says. Once they leave the pharmacy that's it, they can't be reissued even if unopened.

I would hang onto them as you may decide to restart. Many of us don't experience a return of symptoms for some weeks after stopping (or do you mean you stopped in October?). Make sure you take something (local oestrogen) for the VA - and if this is severe you may need to continue with the systemic patches too?

Hurdity x

Countrygirl

« Reply #515 on: February 28, 2020, 06:47:47 PM »

Hi, is anyone managing to get evorel oestrogen patches okay as thought they were due back in stock Feb 2020, but now being told still not in stock x

LizzyLoo

« Reply #516 on: February 28, 2020, 07:31:31 PM »

I got hold of 3 months worth of Estraderm mx50 yesterday after ringing around. They reserved them for me prior to me getting my prescription. Yes they?re on the big side but tbh I find I'm better sticking them onto my leg (as I've always been used to with the Evorel) as opposed to the Estradot and the stomach. Anyway yeh bit disappointed too that I've not heard people getting the new Evorel mono (as it now names itself) as they were released supposedly on the 15th......but hey ho at least I got my 3 months worth for 9 quid as opposed to 1 months worth!

robotwars

« Reply #517 on: February 28, 2020, 08:16:30 PM »

well today I managed to get a months worth of evorel conti patches and have a slip for the other 2 months which the chemist have said they should be able to get

Goosieloosie

« Reply #518 on: February 28, 2020, 09:39:02 PM »

Hi, is anyone managing to get evorel oestrogen patches okay as thought they were due back in stock Feb 2020, but now being told still not in stock x
Two weeks ago I was able to get 3 month's supply from the chemist in Asda just after they were known to be back in stock on Feb 14th but due to a mix up with my GP usually prescribing me 6 month's I've actually ended up with 9 months supply on two different prescriptions (so had to pay ?18). I actually only found out that there was a 6 month prescription waiting for me ready to collect at the chemist when I telephoned my Dr about something else!! It's worked in my favour as I now have a 9 months supply of Evorel 50 (even though my usual prescription before the shortage was for Estradot) So obviously no supply issues with Evorel where I live in the North East.

Nik2502

« Reply #519 on: February 29, 2020, 10:00:53 AM »

Goosieloosie

I'm in the north east and haven't been able to get any patches. I've have had to resort to getting elleste 80 instead of Evorel 75 from an online pharmacy. Every chemist I've been to just shakes their head and says they?re awaiting further updates.

Nic x

Goosieloosie

« Reply #520 on: February 29, 2020, 10:32:09 AM »

Goosieloosie

I'm in the north east and haven't been able to get any patches. I've have had to resort to getting elleste 80 instead of Evorel 75 from an online pharmacy. Every chemist I've been to just shakes their head and says they?re awaiting further updates.

Nic x
Oh my goodness, I didn't have any trouble getting hold of Evorel once it was back in stock with the supplier on February 14th. I really don't understand it. Unless by now they've exhausted all stock :-\. Asda (the chemist I used) use Alliance as their wholesalers if that helps? Good luck

Rosebush

« Reply #521 on: March 01, 2020, 09:10:40 PM »

Boots Pharmacy filled my prescription on Feb 20th, prior to that I did get my 10week old script filled by online pharmacy on my second request..i am on Evorel Conti 50 and live in West Mids..xx

flossie fiddler

« Reply #522 on: March 02, 2020, 11:13:00 PM »

Hi Flossie Fiddler

Like you say, they shouldn't be issuing 6 months at a time anyway with all the shortages but too late now! Unfortunately you won't be able to return them as I think they are destroyed. That's what my local pharmacy says. Once they leave the pharmacy that's it, they can't be reissued even if unopened.

I would hang onto them as you may decide to restart. Many of us don't experience a return of symptoms for some weeks after stopping (or do you mean you stopped in October?). Make sure you take something (local oestrogen) for the VA - and if this is severe you may need to continue with the systemic patches too?

Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity,

Yes, been off the HRT since October. Hanging on to the patches just in case. I'm now on Vagifem, just doing the 2 week loading dose and so far so good, with YES VM internally and YES OB externally. Hopefully I caught the VA before it got too severe.

Flossie

Lizzie06

« Reply #523 on: March 04, 2020, 06:42:32 PM »

Has anyone had any luck fulfilling prescription for Evorel Conti? I've tried online and local pharmacies but all are reporting out of stock, and are not able to tell me when they will have stock.

vickypk

« Reply #524 on: March 04, 2020, 07:13:43 PM »

Hi Lizzie06
Like you I am trying to get the evorel  conti patches.  I thought they were supposed to be back in stock on the 20 February. I've been looking at the online pharmacies. I've ordered from the Independent pharmacy before. I know they are out of stock again.
Vicky xx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36