Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling so rubbish, HRT stopped working?  (Read 607 times)

shrosphirelass

Feeling so rubbish, HRT stopped working?
« on: August 08, 2019, 04:44:54 PM »

I've been feeling really awful. Terrible sinus type headache and upset stomach. This is exactly like how I used to feel cyclically before I had HRT. I've been really good until recently. I have been doing a symptom diary and there doesn't seem a pattern. At the moment I'm on the estrogen phase so can't blame the progesternone. Only thing I've noticed is a very bad headache seems to have coincided when a change of patch is due, but the headache still continues after the new patch.

I just don't know what to do. My dr is good and will probably prescribe what I ask of him if its available, but I just don't know what and I don't thing he will know either and I'm scared of feeling even worse. I have a meno clinic appointment but not until January.

Mogster71

Re: Feeling so rubbish, HRT stopped working?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 05:04:26 PM »

Ohh poor you SL. This is rubbish isn't it?

What are you taking at the moment in terms of HRT?

M x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 05:58:15 PM »

Mogster, I'm using evorel sequi, have been for about a year. I gradually built up to a full patch, which Ive used for 4/5 months x

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 06:54:53 PM »

I'm really sorry SL I have no experience of using patches so I don't really know/understand how the dosage works, but could it be that you need to up the dose? I empathise completely as headaches/silent migraine + nausea and dizziness are my main symptoms and it has impacted on me a lot this year.

My friend today bought me a very thoughtful gift. I'm not sure how much stock you put on herbal remedies but she gave me two little mini rollerball bottles with "Time of my Life" and " headache balm". I usually use 4head or similar to help but these smell much nicer and the time of my life one is a mix of 9 essential oils.

Alternatively I was recommended magnesium for headaches, is that worth a look for you? Hope you feel better soon  x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 07:21:38 PM »

Thanks Mogster, I'm using olbas atm which isn't the most pleasant!

Before going on HRT I did try magnesium as its suppossed to be good for headaches and be good for anxiety, but it upset my stomach. I didn't seem to be able to tolerate it and I used the liquid stuff which was suppossed to be the gentlest on the digestive system.  Just feel like crying, I feel so worn out from no sleep (headaches keeping me awake). I'll try anything x