Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hot Flushes getting worse and driving me nuts!  (Read 2875 times)

Honeybean

Hot Flushes getting worse and driving me nuts!
« on: September 29, 2019, 08:35:33 PM »

Hi

I have been peri menopausal for about 8 years and suffer with hot flushes. I still have the odd period about 4 times a year. I have tried loads of alternative therapies because to be perfectly honest I don't feel I need HRT as I thought I was coping quite well with having to just tackle the hot flushes.

However, all the therapies I have used all seem to wear off after a while. Its driving me nuts. I started off on Red Clover and Agnus Castus then when that wore off so to speak, I moved on to Feminessence which didn't really work. I then had acupuncture for a good few years and it really did work but then eventually stopped responding to the treatment. For the last year I have been using Shatatavari which has been working really well and also now stopped working. Moved on to Sage and its not working at all. I am at my wits end the hot flushes are more like boiling hot, molten hot flushes. Its getting me down.  :'(

Can anyone recommend anything that works please?

Thanks xx

jaypo

Re: Hot Flushes getting worse and driving me nuts!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 09:34:52 PM »

Hi honeybean,I'm not on hrt either,tried most things for hot flushes,I'm not sure it's that things are wearing off but the flushes fluctuating naturally,this is why so many women say oh,sage or red clover is fab but then it stops working ,I now take nothing at all for flushes and they come and go of their own accord,so I can't blame anything wearing off,these companies play on our desperation on the hope that we will find something to help,I'm sure they know that these things don't actually work and also know that flushes will disappear by themselves.What I do have is a big fan by my bed and a decent fan in my handbag,not a little tiddly one but a rechargeable one,try and catch the flush before it takes hold.good luck x
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 06:43:59 AM by jaypo »

Honeybean

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 10:20:26 PM »

Thanks Jaypo. Doesn't it just get you down? I'm just so fed up with it all. I just get annoyed that I'm nice and clean after a shower and then in the middle of the day or night I have a really hot flush and all my make up slides off and I'm all sticky and sweaty feel yucky. Thanks x

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 06:49:12 AM »

Oh tell me about it, I hate it when you shower,get dried,nice body lotion on,then bang!! Body soaking in sweat again, I did used to get angry but now just kinda accept it and there's nothing I can do about it,it IS infuriating at times but you do get used to them,look online for those rechargeable fans,they're rectangular in shape,black & the fan is sort of encased,so so much better than those little £3 type ones and they really do blast you with cold air,I wouldn't have got through summer without mine 🥵🥵

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 03:43:47 PM »

Definitely Stella,if they do discover something,it'll be so expensive we won't be able to afford it 😏

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 05:00:07 PM »

Unless 1 of us finds it  ;)  :whist: