Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femseven sequi  (Read 1992 times)

zodiac

Femseven sequi
« on: August 06, 2019, 10:50:03 AM »

Hi iv e just been prescribed th femseven sequi patch but nowere seems to have it in
Also heard that it may be discontinued
Hope not as this is my last ditch attempt at trying hrt , as other patches caused problems  also dr just said to me that if this one causes probs thats it theres nothing else i can have so ill suffer with the hot sweats for good 🙁
I got the vagifem for the VA as it wrks
Ive had a 2 mth break as had issues with the patch i was using so dr took me of everything n had emergancy appointment at breast clinic again for mamogram again
But forgot to ask if i need to do the 14 day thing again plus she never said lol  but was busy doin blood preasure n weight etc 🙄
Anyway got my chemist lookin into it so fingers crossed they can get it xx

Dotty

Re: Femseven sequi
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 11:08:23 AM »

Hi Femseven patches are not available as they are working on the adhesive.  Nobody is sure when they will be back.

Have you tried Oestrogel?
x

zodiac

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 12:23:42 PM »

Hi dotty , no i ve got vagifem for VA
but the patch is the last one and last thing i can try for hot sweats as my body dont like anything else i tryed plus dr said that if this didn't wrk then thats it nowt else i can try hrt wise
So dont know wot to try
I tryed sage a few yr ago it wrked but also made boobs sore , lumpy n swolen x

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 12:41:06 PM »

Hi iv e just been prescribed th femseven sequi patch but nowere seems to have it in
Also heard that it may be discontinued
Hope not as this is my last ditch attempt at trying hrt , as other patches caused problems  also dr just said to me that if this one causes probs thats it theres nothing else i can have so ill suffer with the hot sweats for good 🙁
I got the vagifem for the VA as it wrks
Ive had a 2 mth break as had issues with the patch i was using so dr took me of everything n had emergancy appointment at breast clinic again for mamogram again
But forgot to ask if i need to do the 14 day thing again plus she never said lol  but was busy doin blood preasure n weight etc 🙄
Anyway got my chemist lookin into it so fingers crossed they can get it xx
   I believe that it won't be available at least until early next year.   If you have had a break in using Vagifem, use it daily for at least 2 weeks. You might need to continue for longer.

ladylollipop

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 12:53:01 PM »

Hi, I have got in contact with the company because I was also using Fem7sequi. They replied and let me know that they think the patches will be available in spring again. I take now fem7estrogen patches . To have it sequi I use these patches two weeks without progesterone and then I take them 2 weeks and add one tablet progesterone 200 mg every day.
Maybe this an option for you too. Fem7 estrogen only seems to be available
Best wishes
Lady lollipop ;)

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 01:11:57 PM »

Hi zodiac Oestrogel is oestrogen in a gel form of hrt, it's not just for VA. You could ask for Oestrogen instead of the patches x

jaycee

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 04:10:06 PM »

Had to see my Dr yesterday and asked about availability of patches, he said very few available but all tablets seem to be

zodiac

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 08:01:24 PM »

Ive got the drs triage ringin me up on morning to see wot can be done so fingers crossed as dr tjis morning said that theres nothing i can use if these patches my body didnt like them
So god knows wot i can do if thats the case x

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 09:35:37 PM »

Had to see my Dr yesterday and asked about availability of patches, he said very few available but all tablets seem to be

I have found an independent online pharmacy which still has stock of Evorel Conti (and may well have others). I have emailed my GP practice to tell them this and ask whether they will issue my next prescription in advance so I can try to get some. I only have about 2-3 months worth of Evorel Conti
The pharmacy concerned is https://www.theindependentpharmacy.co.uk/
Someone there emailed me back and said that they could supply if I had a prescription from the GP. You can also order privately from them but it is pretty expensive.

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 10:13:04 PM »

My neighbour works in a local GP's dispensary and she says the lack of stock is an issue which is not going to resolve. Basically, it's down to licensing and costs, not stockpiling or Brexit, as some believe.
could she expand on this? Why do some doctors and consultants not know about it?