Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you manage morning cortisol levels?  (Read 4151 times)

Joaniepat

Re: How do you manage morning cortisol levels?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2019, 02:21:33 PM »

Absolutely, re the magnesium giving you the runs! I used to take 3 x 133 mg capsules per day of magnesium glycinate and would spend all morning running to the loo. Dropped down to twice a day and still the same problem. I still take magnesium glycinate but in a lower dose, although don't know if it's enough.

Regime now is 1 x 200 mg capsule of glycinate one day and 30 mls of liquid malate and glycinate the next, both taken in the evening.

I don't think I could manage a larger dose, got better things to do than sitting on the bog all morning  ;D

Tc

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2019, 02:29:14 PM »

Joaniepat.
It seems clunterpriductive as having the runs affects vitamin and mineral absorption doesnt it?  My late wife had  crohn's  and had to have everything by injection because diharea  meant she didnt absorb anything 

Xx

Sparrow

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2019, 02:35:50 PM »

Lo Salt isn't salt ......... not much point, might as well not add it ;-)

It isn't green to import from the Himalya what ever it's made of.  You didn't mention Anglesey Salt ;-)

I agree that Himalayan salt isn't worth the extra cost.  However I don't get the green argument.  It's not a high profile commodity here compared to other staples like sugar, flour and tea.  I'm not giving them up because they are imported.

Tc

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2019, 02:46:18 PM »

Omg I've just realised what I typed.

I meant  "counterproductive ". I cant even blame predictive text. Even PT couldnt come up with that one  !!!!

I broke my glasses on Friday.  :)

Sparrow

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2019, 02:49:49 PM »

Omg I've just realised what I typed.

I meant  "counterproductive ". I cant even blame predictive text. Even PT couldnt come up with that one  !!!!

I broke my glasses on Friday.  :)

Don't worry I like it.   ;D

It's very creative.

Tc

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2019, 03:07:23 PM »

:)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 03:16:25 PM »

Salt is produced across the UK so there is no need to import it.  All those air miles at a time when 'we' are being encouraged not to fly as often and the Himaliya is miles away.  [pity I can't spell  >:(]. 

Sugar is produced across the UK - so is it imported?   Tate and Lyle live in the UK.  Can't remember the other Company  ::) ......... we used to take sugar beet to King's Lynn for processing by the lorry loads.  The stuff stinks when being processed  ::)

Tea is produced in the UK ......... but not in quantity.  With global warming it won't be long though  ;)

Sparrow

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2019, 03:20:55 PM »

Very, very little Himalayan salt is imported.

Raw Cane sugar is imported (that's cane sugar and not sugar beet). And we also import bread flour.
Pages: 1 [2]