Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Neck tension and off balance  (Read 934 times)

IrishWendy

Neck tension and off balance
« on: August 06, 2019, 06:10:17 PM »

Help.

Anybody else suffer similar to this?
Can fluctuating hormones cause this?

In this order......Neck starts throbbing, then aching, then hurts so much I just want to keep cracking and tensing it.
Then when I walk I'll feel off balance and shaky and feel like I could fall over.

No pain killers stop the pain!

The only thing that helps it is half a 0.25 xanax.

It's strange because I'm not consciously anxious which confuses me why the xanax works.

It just starts out of the blue many times a month and in the same way.

I'm 54, regular periods but definitely in peri.

TIA

jaypo

Re: Neck tension and off balance
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 07:57:41 PM »

Hi Wendy,so many nerves from all over your body run up through your neck,I sleep with a memory foam neck pillow, I had a fractured disc in my neck many years ago, I was given the McKenzie neck exercises,worked wonders x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 09:04:27 PM »

Yep.  Had it for years++.  I go to put my foot down and it doesn't land where I expect it to.  I have a nerve in my neck which if I move suddenly, it makes me go 'oh!' and slightly woozy but not enough to be bothersome now that I know I won't hit the ground.

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Also - if you spend time at a screen or leaning forwards then it may cause weird feelings ........ perhaps consider what you wear on your feet, how you sit and how are your pillows?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 09:06:04 PM by CLKD »

IrishWendy

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 10:16:31 PM »

Yep.  Had it for years++.  I go to put my foot down and it doesn't land where I expect it to.  I have a nerve in my neck which if I move suddenly, it makes me go 'oh!' and slightly woozy but not enough to be bothersome now that I know I won't hit the ground.

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Also - if you spend time at a screen or leaning forwards then it may cause weird feelings ........ perhaps consider what you wear on your feet, how you sit and how are your pillows?

CLKD it's funny you mention weird feelings.
Can you elaborate because I have some too.
If I stare at my laptop or phone for too long, I sometimes have to change position quickly because I feel like I'm going to fall.
Is that what you mean?
What causes that?
Thanks