Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Experiences with Vagifem  (Read 1404 times)

Whatsupwiththis

Experiences with Vagifem
« on: August 07, 2019, 01:33:41 PM »

Would like to hear about experiences with Vagifem.  Not sure if it's right for me.

Taz2

Re: Experiences with Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »

What is it in particular that concerns you? If you put Vagifem into the search box it will bring up all the posts about it which may answer some of your questions.

Taz x  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 02:24:56 PM »

As will vaginal atrophy.

My symptoms were like razor blades  :o up there plus a niggly bladder ......... my GP recognised symptoms so put me onto appropriate treatment.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 02:43:34 PM »

Hi Taz...I am 68 and suffering from severe VVA.  I have been on Vagifem for almost 3 months (last month on every day as per GP).  Not noticing much change nut getting sores just inside vag.  Pessary hard to insert....sucks.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 02:49:28 PM »

Did I answer another thread of yours or has Meno Brain struck again  ;D  ???

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 03:25:30 PM »

Probably and that's my brain fog too :o

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 03:26:52 PM »

;D You'll fit right in  :rofl:

We have a doing stupid things thread and look out for 'that strange woman' too  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »

Hi Taz...I am 68 and suffering from severe VVA.  I have been on Vagifem for almost 3 months (last month on every day as per GP).  Not noticing much change nut getting sores just inside vag.  Pessary hard to insert....sucks.

I'm 65 and I need full HRT as well as Vagifem to keep things ok. Vagifem alone wasn't enough to stop the horrible dryness and soreness. It could be that this is the same for you?

Taz  :hug:

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 07:24:23 PM »

Hi Taz...my dr. will not even consider HRT (patch or otherwise) due to my age but if I can't get relief from vagifem and estragyn I might beg!  She said because I don't have hot flashes there is no need for HRT and the risks are too great. 

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 08:17:18 PM »

>:(. your GP is SO OUT OF DATE!

Quality of Life Girl, QoL!!

So many Doctors still believe that unless a women is suffering hot flushes that they aren't menopausal and don't require HRT  :bang:

Direct the Doctor to this site. Maybe suggest that she contacts Dr Currie directly ;-) as well as looking at the British Menopause Society is there an eviqualent in Canada?

Age shouldn't come into it!  No one is too young or too old ..........

suzysunday

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 08:33:55 PM »

Sometimes VA takes ages to improve and then needs constant maintenance.  3 months may not be enough though maybe there should be some improvement. Maybe ovestin cream as well for those sore bits. It's  a local hrt like vagifem but a cream.  Ladies on here sometimes used both.  I use ovestin inside and out.

Katejo

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 09:00:07 PM »

Hi Taz...my dr. will not even consider HRT (patch or otherwise) due to my age but if I can't get relief from vagifem and estragyn I might beg!  She said because I don't have hot flashes there is no need for HRT and the risks are too great.
I started HRT this year and only have occasional very mild hot flashes,  not enough to need HRT. There are additional risks if you start HRT post 60/more thsn 10 years post meno.