Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ovestin and acne/spots  (Read 1392 times)

suzysunday

Ovestin and acne/spots
« on: August 05, 2019, 05:56:49 PM »

I have been using ovestin for 9 months and the last few weeks I have been getting quite a few spots on my face, pimples and all sorts. I am panicking that I am absorbing the oestrogen and am petrified of bleeding like I did on systemic hrt.  I have been under a lot of stress recently, unrelated to hrt , so hoping it's that or the hot weather.  I get so scared. Any advice or help please.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Ovestin and acne/spots
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 07:50:14 PM »

Maybe it's a mixture of both Suzysunday....
Stress affects people in different ways, and maybe with the warm weather aswell, it's not mixing well together....
Try to keep the affected skin as clean as possible, and try to relax if possible.... I know, it's probably not easy, but take some time out for yourself....
Like everything, the more we focus on something, the worse it gets.....like me with my wrinkles....I'm starting to resemble a crumpled up piece of paper......🙀
Xxxx

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 08:49:21 PM »

I avoid mirrors at all cost!  I just have such a bad crop of spots and I'm 61!    I worry so much about hrt   after the bleeding with tibolone .

Tc

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 12:43:50 AM »

Hiya.suzy.
Just a thought but when I was reading up.on testosterone I read that sometimes post meno and without eastrogen that natural testosterone can take a bit more of a front seat for a while  as unlike eastrogen and progesterone it decreases slowly with age right up.to our 80s or more  so there can be a bit of an imbalance for a while as it slowly declines. 

I'm on T replacement and the only thing I've noticed from it is my skin and hair are more greasy. My skin has always been dry. Is it possible your skin may have become a bit more oily? 

Also, have you been using sunscreen recently. I find it gives me spots. Maybe you have become "reactive" to something you are using.

It could just be the hot weather. Sweating more etc. So try not to worry.  but dont use anything too harsh on them.

Let us know how you get on.
Xxxx
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:49:04 AM by Tc »

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 05:58:48 PM »

Thanks for your replies.  It may be the hot weather and have been feeling very hot lately.  I got acne when I took tibolone then I got post menopause bleeding and I am terrified of it happening again.   Everything seems to be a problem these days. Thanks for the help.